Hi,

I have a Bold 9900 through Vodafone UK. The current firmware version is: 7.0.0.296.

Can you confirm that I can update the firmware to OS 7.0.0.503 without damaging my phone?

Thanks.
    11-14-11 11:36 AM
    You sure can, and it will be well worthwhile.
    11-14-11 11:38 AM
    I have just done the same, although via three other leaked versions.

Steve
    11-14-11 12:25 PM
    Thanks folks, installed successfully. Let's see how it pans out...
    11-14-11 01:00 PM
    Vodafone UK here too, thats a nice upgrade, I hope it works for you like it has me.
    11-14-11 02:20 PM
    On vodafone UK with the 9900, besides battery, any other things you noticed?

To be honest, the battery for me on the current version is working great for me, sometimes I HONESTLY think its lying to me, like it says its empty when infact its not, reason being is, there have been times where the phone has been on charge for around 10 minutes and its shot up to FULL battery, and lasted me a good solid day with active use.

I dunno
    11-14-11 05:18 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    you sure should try it, i was one of the first people that installed the leak.
    and i'm so far happy with it, i haven't bumped on any problems so far.
    and oh yeah you should try it for just the battery-life, many reported,
    including myself it's awesome, comparing to the older OS's.
    Everyone has been reporting the new Battery Life is AMAZING!!!! Can'y wait to upgrade my Rogers Bold 9900 too!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 06:34 PM
    On vodafone UK with the 9900, besides battery, any other things you noticed?

To be honest, the battery for me on the current version is working great for me�
    Just curious what the "current version" is?

sometimes I HONESTLY think its lying to me, like it says its empty when infact its not, reason being is, there have been times where the phone has been on charge for around 10 minutes and its shot up to FULL battery, and lasted me a good solid day with active use.
    I didn't think things like this were possible, but since getting my 9900 I've noticed other things too. I can crack an egg into a pan, not even stir it, and within 30 seconds it's scrambled. And that's without the range even being on!

Yesterday I was able to delete all my recorded TV shows too! I turned on my TV and I just knew how all the shows ended within 10 minutes flat!

And all this since I picked up my 9900. That's OS7errific!
    PiotrJot likes this.
    11-14-11 07:36 PM

I didn't think things like this were possible, but since getting my 9900 I've noticed other things too. I can crack an egg into a pan, not even stir it, and within 30 seconds it's scrambled. And that's without the range even being on!

Yesterday I was able to delete all my recorded TV shows too! I turned on my TV and I just knew how all the shows ended within 10 minutes flat!

And all this since I picked up my 9900. That's OS7errific!
    LMAO! Nothing beats a good laugh!!!
    11-15-11 03:03 AM
    I'm on .296 with O2. Going to upgrade this evening. Can't wait

-sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 03:35 AM
    I'm on .296 with O2. Going to upgrade this evening. Can't wait
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

Since these posts earlier, v7.0.0.540 has leaked too. If you want to try that instead of 503, you'll find a thread for 540 in the Leaked OS Forum.
    11-15-11 07:38 AM
    So far, so good. The battery life does seem much better. I leave the mobile data on all day, check social feeds, do light browsing, and take some pictures. It's gone to 79% from 95% this morning. Big difference.
    11-15-11 10:43 AM
    So far, so good. The battery life does seem much better. I leave the mobile data on all day, check social feeds, do light browsing, and take some pictures. It's gone to 79% from 95% this morning. Big difference.
    What were you seeing previously with .296 for the same useage ?

Comparisions are very useful.
    11-15-11 10:49 AM
    I say go for the .540 and you should definitely upgrade mine was also Voda UK handset and the batter with stock os (.296) SUCKED!
    11-15-11 10:52 AM
    Version 7.0.0.296

I didn't think things like this were possible
    Theres much for you to learn about possibilities, hang around and you may pick up on a few things:

PC USB (lower output)
    In-Car Charger
    Blackberry Handset charger
    Playbook charger (this is what I use for my bold 9900)

You'll notice a difference in charging speed (and how long the charge lasts), and the quickest I've had is around 10-15 minutes. This is something that is also discussed with respects to other handsets i.e HTC

Enjoy your non scrambled eggs
    Last edited by imran.ahmed; 11-15-11 at 11:56 AM.
    11-15-11 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD