Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Legal Eagle
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question updating 9900

hello guys

I'm new here and seeking help , have surfed around in the forum for a way on how to update my blackberry , but mostly they are using the apploader , which i dont have and i cant find it on web or in desktop manager of blackberry

can you guys provide me with applications that used to update blackberry with download links ?

btw which of the latest firmware is best for 9900 for the ones who have used , battery friendly and i'm currently 7.1.0.342
    CrackBerry Genius

Apploader is installed on your PC when you install an OS on the computer.

It is found in C/Program Files/Commom Files/RIM/Apploader/Loader.exe

As to which OS, .861 only dropped yesterday so there is little feedback on it as yet.

The safe option os to go for .825 which is stickied in this forum.

Download, install. delete the vendor.xml files (there is a guide as to how to do this early in the .825 thread provided by Elite 1)

Backup using DM load the OS by running Loader .exe restore your data and apps and away you go.

For the first couple of days do 2 or 3 battery pulls 6 hours apart to help the new OS settle.
    Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC22 over Claro Argentina .1098 Base and .sfi

If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
    Thanked by:
    mysterious one (02-07-2013) 
    mysterious one likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

thanks for the fast reply , i appreciate it it
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mysterious one View Post
    thanks for the fast reply , i appreciate it it
    No problem, that's what CB is about.

If you get stuck just ask.
    Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC22 over Claro Argentina .1098 Base and .sfi

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

brother , i have heard that some times i need to do full wipe of the device before i upgrade , is that necessary ?
    CrackBerry Genius

brother , i have heard that some times i need to do full wipe of the device before i upgrade , is that necessary ?
    Wiping is one of those things that some say is not necessary and other, myself included feel that you get better results by doing so. Having said that I only install Hybrids these days so you may get a good install of a "stock" OS without doing a wipe first.

Have a read of this:

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

is there an additional features of a Hybird firmware ?

let say that "Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC11 Beta 1 on .825 base and .sfi from Vodafone DE" the one you , whats the added features over the stock ?
    CrackBerry Genius

is there an additional features of a Hybird firmware ?

let say that "Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC11 Beta 1 on .825 base and .sfi from Vodafone DE" the one you , whats the added features over the stock ?
    No added features, just a smoother, faster phone with a lightening fast browser and great battery life.

A Hybrid builder just fine tunes a "stock" OS to get better performance by changing various .cod files for those from different builds.

It is a fine art and the BL Team have got it nailed.

However, if you are not familiar with installing OS's it may be wise for you to stick with a "stock" install until you are confident in what you are doing.

If you do decide to go the Hybrid route then please post any questions in the BL Thread in the Hybrid forum which is monitored by the guys who build the OS's as well as many very experienced BB users who will be glad to help you out.

BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

man i love to mess around with my N8 , used to install 3 custom firmwares within 1 hour LOL
    CrackBerry Genius

man i love to mess around with my N8 , used to install 3 custom firmwares within 1 hour LOL
    OK

To install a BL Hybrid you first need to download and install a "stock" base OS on your PC.

Then download the Hybrid from the link in the thread. Current version is RC11 but RC12 is due to drop anytime now.

Unzip the Hybrid download, copy the Java files from the unzipped file and paste (overwrite) into the Java folder of the base OS.

Once you have prepared the Hybrid OS you can proceed to instaoll it on the phone in the same way you would a "stock" OS.

You may also want to consider "shrinking" the OS prior to install to remove features, languages and fonts that you do not use to free up memory. BBH Tools is the way to go to shrink.

http://bit.ly/GetBBHToolAlt