Not sure what is going on but at least once per day, I get a pop up ad on my 9930, complete with a flashing white LED notification, advertising a "Featured Download."

The app that I suspect is ScoreMobile but I've read no other users having this challenge. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Tom
    08-26-12 03:36 PM
    Hi.
    I have this 'feature' too. Does enyone knows wehre it comes from?
    I'm using a 9810 and don't have the app ScoreMobile.
    12-16-12 08:15 AM
    go to options scroll down to third party apps. disable privacy for blackberry app world it will take a few days but they should stop.
    when I did it they still pooped up for week or so and then stop also put a check in box to include all applications
    nappp likes this.
    12-16-12 08:44 AM
    did you delete that app and check?
    12-16-12 07:19 PM
    go to options scroll down to third party apps. disable privacy for blackberry app world it will take a few days but they should stop.
    when I did it they still pooped up for week or so and then stop also put a check in box to include all applications
    this works. I never deleted a app either. just applied the settings. 4-5 days later and no more featured apps
    12-16-12 11:20 PM
    It's just some developers who are spamming us with subtle advertisements for other apps. Find that app, delete it, report it and blacklist it.
    12-17-12 03:33 AM
    "TheJaredCompany" Look in App World then "My World" and see if you have any apps pertaining to that company, if so, there's your problem
    shemaree09 likes this.
    12-17-12 03:46 AM
    Just to chip in (almost needlessly), I've used ScoreMobile for years on three different handsets, and never had a popup, so you can discount that.

I've heard many things about JaredCo on these forums, so that's possible.
    nappp likes this.
    12-17-12 05:58 AM
    I agree about scoremobile. never had a problem. used it for a long time
    12-17-12 07:38 PM
    Free Battery has this, as well as some mail app that I downloaded some time ago. Basically these are mostly from free apps.
    12-17-12 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD