I have been having an annoying problem that involves the unread message indicator showing even after all inboxes show no unread messages. The only way I am aware of to get rid of it easily is with a battery pull. Ithas been consistant from the original OS through two upgrades and in the OS I now use. I had read the threads dealing with similar issues and found no permenant resolution. The purpose of this posting is to (a) determine whether others are experiencing the same and (b) to learn whether anyone has a fix.
    I believe I have narrowed down the problem to the following:
    I am on 9900/7.0.0.353 using Rogers; I subscribe to a service (WhoCalled) which sends me a text message whenever I have received an unanswered call.
    Each time I receive an email about an unanswered call, it shows up as though I have received two messages and only one clears as read after I read it. This leaves a phantom unread message. Quite frustrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by yybenedb; 08-25-11 at 06:58 PM.
    08-25-11 06:18 PM
    You must not have searched enough. Ive answered this problem already several times on the forums. There is a folder, which looks like an email folder, that is titled messages. If you open it and check options it will combine all your msgs, including missed calls and sms msgs. You can select what you want to show up in there. I choose to show nothing. Every once in a while i will get a msg icon with none showing in either of my email accounts. Usually a BB registration if i was in a building with poor reception. I go there and mark prior opened and gone. You may have it hidden so make sure you hit show all icons.
    08-25-11 06:51 PM
    You must not have searched enough. Ive answered this problem already several times on the forums. There is a folder, which looks like an email folder, that is titled messages. If you open it and check options it will combine all your msgs, including missed calls and sms msgs. You can select what you want to show up in there. I choose to show nothing. Every once in a while i will get a msg icon with none showing in either of my email accounts. Usually a BB registration if i was in a building with poor reception. I go there and mark prior opened and gone. You may have it hidden so make sure you hit show all icons.
    Thanks but.....actually that is not my problem. I, in fact, use only the messages box you describe and have it show everything. (I have all of the individual inboxes as well as the SMS one stored in a folder.) I have thoroughly checked the message box that I use as well as the individual ones as well as the saved folder and etc.

08-25-11 06:57 PM
    There has to be an icon or app that is reading this then and showing the idication. Only answer. You install and unistall any apps that would handle msgs? Make sure you hit show all and go through all sub folders and such and make sure no app is doing it. If nothing wipe and try again.
    08-25-11 07:02 PM
    There has to be an icon or app that is reading this then and showing the idication. Only answer. You install and unistall any apps that would handle msgs? Make sure you hit show all and go through all sub folders and such and make sure no app is doing it. If nothing wipe and try again.
    Actually just did all of that including a wipe. I upgraded rather than reinstalling the old OS and had the same problem even before adding back any of my apps. I am pretty sure this is an OS7, Rogers-WhoCalled incompatibility, bug--whatever you want to call it. A workaround would be nice....

08-25-11 07:06 PM
    I don't seem to have the issues others have..but i have not changed the os from what it was shipped with. When i got my 9650 way back it had issues and the os upgrades fixed most of them so i went with them. Only issue i have is the back button coming out of holster but i push alt button and its fixed. No biggie for me. I love the touch and full keyboard. Im quite happy with it.
    08-25-11 07:54 PM
    I don't seem to have the issues others have..but i have not changed the os from what it was shipped with. When i got my 9650 way back it had issues and the os upgrades fixed most of them so i went with them. Only issue i have is the back button coming out of holster but i push alt button and its fixed. No biggie for me. I love the touch and full keyboard. Im quite happy with it.
    I agree. It is a great device. I came to BB 9000 from a Palm. The only thing I really missed was the touch screen. Very glad to have it back. The speed, too, is fanatastic. My only complaints are this annoyance and the battery life.

08-25-11 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD