So my fiance somehow someway found someone one kijiji selling a factory white 9900 unit and lately shes been having some issues with the phone overall. Battery life being horrible, and the worst problem bbm msgs not going through until she takes the phone off sleep mode (unlocks the phone by pushing the button on the top)

I went through all of the regular troubleshooting steps, did a wipe, checked all settings, but I found something odd when I tried to update the OS version. When i unzip the file etc the desktop software does not find it while the device is plugged in as it usually does. I though this was funny as when I plugged in my 9900 from Rogers wireless it was able to update the same OS.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be?

Thanks.
    02-19-12 07:19 PM
    Use Apploader instead of that rubbish hot mess desktop manager and skip installing an official OS, load up the latest leaked-os. It found your official Rogers one because you likely have a vendor.xml file on your comp.

If it really is a RIM official unlocked device then you would need to trash the vendor.xml file to load up and OS because those devices don't use them, they are generic but desktop manager has issues with unassociating your device from her device, because well.. honestly desktop manage is a POS app.

Once the vendor.xml files are trashed Desktop Manager should find the device though, in case you need the sync functions etc..etc. But, you'll likely need to repeat the process of removing the vendor.xml file should you later attach your device as it will assign another vendor.xml file.
    02-19-12 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD