I have a Bold 9900 I bought as an unlocked device. I never bothered so see what carrier it was originally on. After several months of use by my wife, I have a problem and can't get it to boot. I want to download the OS and have been using it on Telus, with Telus sim. Can I download any update or do I need to be specific with the device? Telus recognizes it as a device so I think it was originally Telus just not sure if it matters which carrier update I can use. Do I need to keep it specific to Telus? If not a Telus device will it not take another carrier's update? Just wondering how best to proceed. Thanks!
    03-07-13 03:24 PM
    hi, you can use any carriers software to update your phone. it doesn't matter tbh. im from the uk and have downloaded US, canadian carrier software updates without any problems in the past..
    Rickster1 and 93Aero like this.
    03-07-13 03:39 PM
    Hi
    Just need to remember to delete other Carriers OS MXL Vendor file.i Know Vista and Windows 7 has a hidden one you have to locate , i always use Windows XP no hidden files.
    Good luck
    Rickster1 and 93Aero like this.
    03-07-13 03:56 PM
    Sorry Typo should read XML vendor file
    Rickster1 likes this.
    03-07-13 03:57 PM
    As the Leafs fan noted remove vendor.xml! This is huge. There are 2 versions in Win7 - just run a search, then delete both.

You should probably take a look at this as well:
    How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    Rickster1 likes this.
    03-07-13 04:11 PM
    Hey! Thanks for all the quick replies. I managed to get the 9900 working again but had to turn it off to insert sim and now it won't boot again!! Back to square one. Sort of playing as the unit is covered under warranty and will be getting a replacement handset for this one soon. Thanks again!!
    03-07-13 04:14 PM
    Did you try with Desktop Manager - to see if it would boot?
    03-07-13 10:14 PM
    Ydp, tried via desktop manager and app loader.Got 95 per ceng loaded and then hung. will fiddlw with it over the weekend as I wait for the return mailer to get to me. Thanks for the suggestion. Only thing I haven't tried is bsak. may look into doing it that way as it seems to have good feedback but I will have to come up to speed with it first.
    03-07-13 11:31 PM
    For future reference, Google "Vendelete" and download it to your PC. Run vendelete after each time you install an OS on your PC and it will get rid of all vendor.xml files without having to search and delete them manually.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-08-13 06:41 AM
    Who is processing the warranty for it? Typically, it has to be the original carrier it was branded to.
    03-08-13 02:25 PM