Hi guys

I've unlocked 2 9900's (network = inactive) but for some reason my new carrier doesn't seem to be able to get them to register on their BIS network. They say that have done it, but the phone's never register.

As soon as I pop in an O2 sim PAYG sim, they instantly fire up. I've wiped and reloaded the OS to no avail. The phone's work for calls and text on the Gamma network (3rd party over Vodafone UK) but BIS just doesn't seem to download. Is this carrier activation problem, O2 still hanging on to the phones some how, or the handsets?

Any ideas would be great as I'm at my wits end and the carrier team seem to be useless. I've spoken to both their provisioning team and their BB team and both blame the other.
    02-18-14 04:14 AM
    Hi g33kphr33k,

I'm the supervisor of the Gamma Mobile faults team, and am sorry to hear that you have been bumped around between teams.

It almost sounds like the handset is somehow hanging on to o2 service books, but I would have thought a wipe and reload would remove this possibility.

Please could you private message me the mobile numbers involved in order that I can fully investigate this for you?

If you want to verify who I am, please call in on our support number and ask for me - I'm in the office 0800-1630 this week.

Kind Regards
    02-18-14 09:52 AM
    Thanks for getting back to me on this one Sam, but your provisioning team finally managed to sort it.

They had to take off the BIS, wait 24 hrs and then re-add it for some reason; well, that's the explanation I received anyway.

I buy the company phones via Focus Group but apparently I'm not allowed to talk directly to anyone at Gamma as you guys don't deal with end users? It's a right nightmare getting support via proxy.

Z10 until Z30
    02-18-14 03:54 PM
    Hi, I'm glad that you are up and running now - it's a bit of an odd fix but seems to resolve most of the more unexplainable quirks of blackberry provisioning in a shorter timescale than other approaches.

Our setup is a little different to the main carrier networks in that we are essentially 2nd/3rd line support for a network of channel partners who provide first line and handset support. That said, as you can probably tell, we keep an eye on various forums etc. to see if we can lend a hand where needed to get things moving in the right direction.

I'm aware of the support ticket logged to us by Focus for this issue, and will check through to see if there are areas we can improve on.

We will also pass your feedback on this back to the folks at Focus via their account manager here so they can review this in a similar manner.

Kind Regards
    02-19-14 02:33 AM