Hey everyone!,

First off i would like to say i did use the search button to try and find an answer but couldnt find what i was looking for!

I recently bought a blackberry bold 9930 that needed to be unlocked! I unlocked it using the website N4BB.com,
    Now the unlock code given to me after payment went through and was accepted onto my phone! I followed the instructions given to make the unlock successful.

So now heres my issue! I turn on connections and everything is fine and dandy, except for the fact that that on wireless connection it says "roaming" The phone is originally from the states and im currently in canada, its a verizon wireless phone and my wireless company is Telus mobility.

Im currently using an unlocked bold 9700, Does the fact the phone comes from the states play a part in the reason why its not working? What can i do to fix it so it will work with my telus sim?

Any imput would be greatly appreciated!

Simon
    03-20-13 09:20 PM
    You want a 9900 for Telus. The 9930 is a CDMA phone like the older Bell and Telus phones when they didn't use SIM cards. The SIM card in the 9930 is for roaming on GSM networks, like Telus now has.
    03-20-13 09:30 PM
    Thanks for the reply robsteve, is it possible that if i go to telus they can connect the phone to my account without having a sim card inserted or is it a lost cause all together!

Thanks
    03-20-13 10:28 PM
    You want a 9900 for Telus. The 9930 is a CDMA phone like the older Bell and Telus phones when they didn't use SIM cards. The SIM card in the 9930 is for roaming on GSM networks, like Telus now has.
    Yes, you right
    03-20-13 10:29 PM
    Thanks for the reply robsteve, is it possible that if i go to telus they can connect the phone to my account without having a sim card inserted or is it a lost cause all together!

Thanks
    I don't know if they can connect to it or not.
    03-21-13 07:00 AM
    The issue here is that the Verizon 9930 does not have 3G/HSPA+ bands for any North American GSM carriers, so at best, you will get 2G speeds here. On top of that, Telus is special in that they don't have a 2G GSM network. Therefore, your phone is latching on to a Rogers/Bell 2G network.
    03-21-13 11:03 AM