I was worried because it didn't ask me to pick a data plan when I ordered the 9930. Just checked after I activated it and

Unlimited Data $29.99

08-16-11 01:30 PM
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    08-16-11 01:31 PM
    Good for you!
    08-16-11 01:31 PM
    I ordered mine over the phone and the guy said I would have to choose a tiered plan. He then went thru it all and I got to keep unlimited. I was gonna be ticked if he had changed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 01:33 PM
    Don't let them put you on a tiered plan if you had Unlimited. As long as you keep a smartphone on the line you'll be able to keep the Unlimited Data.
    08-16-11 01:35 PM
    Lucky you! I just ordered one and it indicated a basic plan cost (no data plan) on the order. I expect it will make me choose a new data plan when I activate it. I've had the 29.99 unlimited for my BB Storm for years now. Bummer.
    08-16-11 01:36 PM
    I asked Verizon last night about this and as long as you switch to another smartphone on the same line you are ok to keep the unlimited data. She said unlimited data is tied to the line.
    08-16-11 01:44 PM
    As long as you don't switch to a dumbphone you're fine.
    08-16-11 01:47 PM
    Lucky you! I just ordered one and it indicated a basic plan cost (no data plan) on the order. I expect it will make me choose a new data plan when I activate it. I've had the 29.99 unlimited for my BB Storm for years now. Bummer.
    That's odd. It should have had the 29.99 Unlimited option, plus the new tier plans. You should call Verizon and request it back.
    08-16-11 01:48 PM
    That's odd. It should have had the 29.99 Unlimited option, plus the new tier plans. You should call Verizon and request it back.
    The OP I believe was in the same boat I believe and as you can see, didn't end up losing it.
    08-16-11 01:57 PM
    I was never given a data plan option when I ordered it. When you get your 9930 just activate on Verizon's website. After I activated it I checked my plan and the Unlimited Data Plan for $29.99 was there.
    08-16-11 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD