Just wondering if anybody has super secret if we are going to be able to get an unbranded/factory unlocked 9900 any time soon? Would prefer this over going to Bell or Rogers and bring one of those back to the states.
    08-11-11 09:29 AM
    The Bell version should be totally unbranded if its the branding that's the issue.
    08-11-11 09:31 AM
    Virgin mobile is also selling un-branded devices. No hardware logo, no boot-up logo.
    08-11-11 09:46 AM
    That is what I prefer. Anybody know if they are available now or forth coming?
    08-11-11 09:58 AM
    Bell started shipping yesterday, and some have found them in stores. Virgin is shipping as well and should have them in their kiosks by tomorrow probably.
    08-11-11 10:19 AM
    I have one on hand and I can say (aside from the mobile network name and the self-serve app) there's nothing that indicates my handset is from Bell.
    08-11-11 11:34 AM
    I have one on hand and I can say (aside from the mobile network name and the self-serve app) there's nothing that indicates my handset is from Bell.
    Just curious, do you get a bell booting screen when powering the phone on/off?

I don't see what the advantage of having an unbranded device is but whatev.
    08-11-11 12:24 PM

ups the resale value probably a little bit.
    08-11-11 12:29 PM
    Both Bell and Virgin stores had them in stock yesterday, I went to go pick up my 9900 from Rogers and get the girlfriend a 9780 while at it, she's with Virgin, she picked up the dummy in store and said "I want this one instead"... Walked out with one of a 3 year.
    08-11-11 12:35 PM
    Damn I've been waiting for this Futureshop to get Bell ones in so i could buy an unbranded one with my gift card, but turns out they can't sell the Bell one off-contract, only Rogers for some reason.

Probably just bite the bullet, get a Rogers one and wait for a third party part to come out to replace the bottom part that says Rogers on it. I know it's stupid hah.
    08-11-11 01:43 PM

All Bell BlackBerry's, to my knowledge, that use SIM cards are all unbranded - so no name on bottom plate and no Bell splash screen like CDMA BlackBerry's.
    08-11-11 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD