Hey everyone,

This is my last resort ... I have looked on the Blackberry protect website to find a solution to this issue but I have not seen anything that was able to help me. I have also looked everywhere for a solution for this problem and I have found, after looking on Google, some user that have the same issue then I have.

The issue is, when I try to use the Blackberry Protect service, after I run through every step, I get to the Connection to the Blackberry protect service...

This is where I get the problem, I get stuck on that page and nothing happens, just keeps loading and loading and loading without anything else happening.

I have tried to reinstall my OS ( Bold 9900 OS7 ) and even my carrier recently released an update for the OS in which I have updated.

I have tried to uninstall / reinstall the Blackberry Protect application, still same issue.

I have tried to only go with my Carrier connection, doesn't work.
    I have tried to go on Wifi only, doesn't work.
    I have tried Carrier and Wifi, doesn't work.

I even wrote to Blackberry Protect ( there's a link where you can provide a feedback via email ) and did not receive any reply from RIM with regards to this issue.

I do not know why this is happening to me. I am able to log into the protect's website and see my 9900 but nothing else, no backup or anything.

I have also looked at the forum on Crackberry.com to maybe be able to find someone else with this same situation in vain nothing

Also, I know that Crackberry Kevin had an issue once with the Protect service but he was able to get some help from RIM to resolve it. I am not "plugged" into RIM and I have no way of getting help directly from them.

I have tried calling my Carrier, Vid�otron, who tells me it's not a problem with their service since everything else is working properly but it's an issue with the Blackberry protect app in which they are not able to provide me with a solution for this, also, not able to provide me with either a number, email or anything that I can get support from RIM.

Is there Anyone on the Crackberry world that is able to provide me with a solution for this.

Thx
    Pat

PS: I am a french person, I am sorry if my sentence do not make sense or "typo". I am just trying my best for everything to understand my issue.
    02-01-12 12:41 PM
    Are you on a corporate BES network or personal BIS network?

Try logging into your BlackberryID again. I don't know if it is related, but it you purchase an app on AppWorld, it will ask for your BlackberryID password and may log you in again. You do not need to complete the purchase, just select no when it wants to confirm payment.
    02-01-12 12:47 PM
    It's my personal service. I am not using this under a business plan. It's my personal phone.

With my Bold 9900, my Blackberry ID is automatically entered, I do not have to type in my password. I'll give it a try right now.
    02-01-12 12:55 PM
    Still same issue, Connecting to the Blackberry Protect Service...

02-01-12 12:58 PM
    Since you are on an OS 7 device, Protect should not need to be installed, it is part of the OS. I checked on my 9900 and under applications, I do not have the option to uninstall Protect. If you installed Protect yourself, that may be the problem.

You might have to reinstall the OS to fix your problem. If you are going to reinstall an OS, you might as well install the latest 7.1.0.205 leak. It seems to be the best of the 9900 os so far.
    Last edited by robsteve; 02-01-12 at 02:07 PM.
    02-01-12 02:05 PM
    Will try that out tonight ...
    02-01-12 02:20 PM
    Didn't work anyone else got a suggestion ?
    02-02-12 08:51 AM
    I got the same phone bold 9900 the same carrier and the same problem. Maybe it's videotron the problem!?
    02-02-12 01:16 PM
    I used to be on Telus and I was unable to get the Protect service running. I am thinking it may be related to my BlackberryID .... But if you have the same issue, same device and same carrier ... may be Videotron ...
    02-02-12 02:18 PM
    I called Videotron's tech support and they can't do anything. The service is not block by them. But the tech support told me it's quite complicate on the RIM side so, maybe BB does not support the feature on Videotron's network.

PS: I never could get any OS update.
    02-02-12 02:29 PM
    When you run Protect on the phone do you get to the point where it asks for you to agree to the terms and conditions? If it is hanging there, it may be having problems downloading the terms for your country and Language setup on the phone. Have you tried initiating a backup from the Protect website?

I couldn't find a way to change the settings on the phone for country. It may require a security wipe or a new os install. At some point of the setup or install it asks country and language. It uses this to download the proper end user license agreement. For example, you probably had the choice of English Canada, or English Quebec, or French Quebec.
    Last edited by robsteve; 02-02-12 at 05:27 PM.
    02-02-12 05:20 PM
    Try to change your device language to English (US). I had the same problem and after triyng a lot of things I changed the device language from Spanish to English (US) and the problem was solved.
    Let me know if it works
    02-09-12 06:29 AM
    Got the same problem with videotron carrier. Try to change you're network to 2G, the partnership network. Than do you're bb protect setup. That should do he trick. You can revert to 3G after that. Unfortunatly, you have to do that every time you reboot the smartphone.

Keep me posted.
    Nrs819 likes this.
    02-26-12 06:22 PM
    OMG OMG OMG !!! @Fredericb .... I've tried and tried and tried to get it to work, just selecting 2G did make it work. Man, I O U a big one ! THANKS AGAIN !!!
    02-27-12 08:28 AM
    Guess what ! With the new update of BlackBerry Protect that I receive today, it now work perfectly out of the box. No need to switch network.

Thanks RIM !

Frederic
    05-05-12 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD