Over the past several days I have not been receiving either my AOL or Gmail on my 9930. I went to Options>Email Account Management to see if there was any problem there. I then get a screen with the turning clock telling me "Checking for updates." It then says, "Connecting to email settings" and once again seems to be searching for something as the turning clock appears again. I then get a final message stating, "Your device had a problem connecting to the server" with the options to "retry" or "cancel." When this first happened, I went to a backup restore from about two weeks ago and restored everything from that earlier date. My email started pushing to my BB again and I was able to get into Email Account Management screen where I could see my active email accounts. Now today, it has once again stopped pushing emails and I cannot get into my accounts ... only the screens I describe above.

Help??? Thanks ...
    04-20-13 05:50 PM
    Have you tried running a 'Internet Mail Account Configuration Test' diagnostic in Blackberry Device Analyzer. It can better narrow down your issue.
    HTH

04-20-13 07:04 PM
    Have you tried just doing a battery pull or soft reset (3 finger salute - aka pressing alt + right shift + delete keys at same time)? Someone I know all of a sudden couldn't receive BBM or emails, turns out a battery pull fixed it (they hadn't done a battery pull for a couple months).
    04-20-13 07:52 PM
    Yes; I did a 5 minute battery pull and I started receiving emails once again. But ... I had done that prior to this pull and it either didn't solve the problem or only temporarily solved it. We'll put it to bed for the night and see what happens tomorrow. Thanks!
    04-20-13 11:18 PM
    I did not know about this utility. I did install and run it. It shows all is OK. While it didn't diagnose the problem, thanks for letting me know about the BDA.
    04-20-13 11:20 PM