Unable To Disable Device Password On Verizon BB 9930
Guys, I need a little help here. I just got a used BB 9930 with Verizon branding. Everything seems to work except I can't disable the device password function. I have run it through the I.T. Policy removal tool posted here by naviwilliams from long ago (it has always worked for me), but, the Password Enable option stubbornly refuses to be disabled. I disabled encryption and it still won't allow me to disable the device password option. Anyone here got any idea what am failing to do?
Well, I tried doing that but, it didn't work. However, I found out that the problem comes up when you have Encryption enabled under Security Options. Once encryption is disabled, there is no longer any need to have Password forcibly enabled by the phone and, you can then freely enable or disable Password at will.
- By farima in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 4Last Post: 03-27-10, 09:15 AM
- By 52bear in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 1Last Post: 11-09-09, 06:21 PM
- By jimmyknuckles32 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 5Last Post: 07-02-09, 04:38 PM
- By nal1110 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 3Last Post: 09-03-08, 05:05 PM
- By cplkev in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 07-16-08, 05:44 PM