Can anyone give some assistance on how to setup UMA on the bold 9930?
    In the engineering screen under the session manager theres no option to setup the UMA in there.
    have they moved it to a different section or does the bold 9930's software not support this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Crackberry app.
    06-14-12 10:48 PM
    If it is like the 9900, you need OS 7.1 and wifi calling is an option in mobile network options. For Rogers at least, you need to activate the feature on your account before it works.
    06-15-12 05:43 AM
    With T-Mobile, the wi-fi calling just works as soon as you turn on the wi-fi option on the phone. The 4G icon and cell phone bars will disappear and display like a wi-fi calling icon, so one knows that they're on wi-fi calling. Love it!

Not sure if it'll work on the 9930. The 9930 needs to be unlocked 1st since it is for Sprint and Verizon.
    06-15-12 07:13 AM
    The blackberry is unlocked, and running 7.1.0.136. I received and unlocked it 2 days ago. T-Mobile shows up when I put the sim in and swap to GSM mode.

All T-Mobile accounts do have the UMA enabled by default, as far as I know.

Being that this is an unlocked phone I'm sure I have to edit the settings myself to get it to connect through UMA. I was using the article for using an unlocked blackberry torch 9800 on T-Mobile with UMA. However I got stopped abruptly when I couldnt find the UMA settings in the engineering menu. Am I missing something or is that setting not there? From my understanding it should be in the session manager.
    06-15-12 10:04 AM
    There are no UMA settings because there is no UMA chip in the new Bolds, like in older models and the new Curves.
    The 9900 instead uses Wifi Calling, which is an integrated app in OS7.1, and only works with carriers who support UMA.
    The 9930 doesn't support Wifi Calling, as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold�
    06-15-12 10:29 AM
    if your having UMA troubles, as I was, though I purchased from tmobile store, then it might be due to a lack of e-911 address. this is apparently an address where one time can find you if you using wifi calling. after this was added, problem solved.
    09-06-12 06:41 PM
    You can't buy a 9930 from a T-Mobile store.
    You also can't get UMA or WiFi calling to work (ever) on a 9930 on T-Mobile.
    redk likes this.
    09-06-12 06:43 PM
    i have a unlocked blackberry bold 9930 from verizon , use om tmobile sim card with the device voice call works great but no internet edge is in lower case ,need help
    09-07-12 10:02 AM
    i have a unlocked blackberry bold 9930 from verizon , use om tmobile sim card with the device voice call works great but no internet edge is in lower case ,need help
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mobile-696013/
    09-07-12 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD