Ahoy,

As per the title, is the UK Vodafone 9900 branded, if so, where abouts?

Any pictures?

Cheers!
    08-16-11 08:46 AM
    No branding on the unit at all, thankfully. Wasn't expecting that.
    08-16-11 08:51 AM
    I suspect there is just a boot screen then and the odd app? Interesting.

I'm really thinking of getting one of these, I own several other phones (I have a phone bug I think ) yet I've never had a BlackBerry! I wouldn't say that my main use is using it as an actual phone but a mixture of web browsing, texting and email.

The web browser being apparently poor has always put me off but they seem to have improved it quite a lot, and I'm often on forums when browsing so half of the screen is taken up by a keyboard a lot of the time anyway.
    08-16-11 08:57 AM
    No branding on the unit at all, thankfully. Wasn't expecting that.
    Im just curious, why do you look for the device to be unbranded?
    08-16-11 09:07 AM
    Mine is unbranded, but apparently the next batch onwards will have the 'Vodafone' branding at the base. I think that will spoil the look as it is currently very clean and understated. There is simply a Voda splash screen on mine when it boots up...
    08-16-11 09:10 AM
    There's also a vodafone app that gets horrescopes and stuff... That went straight away. I'm glad its not branded, having a red logo anywhere on the phone would spoil it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-16-11 09:15 AM
    I suspect there is just a boot screen then and the odd app? Interesting.

I'm really thinking of getting one of these, I own several other phones (I have a phone bug I think ) yet I've never had a BlackBerry! I wouldn't say that my main use is using it as an actual phone but a mixture of web browsing, texting and email.

The web browser being apparently poor has always put me off but they seem to have improved it quite a lot, and I'm often on forums when browsing so half of the screen is taken up by a keyboard a lot of the time anyway.
    LOL oh dear you got suspended on OCUK so cant make any posts on there can ya??

Welcome to crackberry

But i have heard the first batch of voda 9900's are unbranded but once they have sold out then the next batches will be branded externally...pretty sure Dangermouse from said something similar to what i just said. I have a white 9780 which is unbranded externally but does have a voda splash screen.
    08-16-11 09:22 AM
    Is it cooler to have an unbranded one?
    08-16-11 09:46 AM
    Is it cooler to have an unbranded one?
    I dont know, its cool to have either

But for me i dislike network branding externally and internally...just not a fan of it plus with networks putting their own crap is also another reason why i buy my phones off line and unbranded.
    08-16-11 09:55 AM
    LOL oh dear you got suspended on OCUK so cant make any posts on there can ya??

Welcome to crackberry

But i have heard the first batch of voda 9900's are unbranded but once they have sold out then the next batches will be branded externally...pretty sure Dangermouse from said something similar to what i just said. I have a white 9780 which is unbranded externally but does have a voda splash screen.
    I thought I'd find you on here!

I really shouldn't be thinking about getting one but I might as well see what the fuss is about. Plus, I like a phone that feels expensive and this apparently does.

I'll be unsuspended when the Arsenal game kicks off later so don't you worry, I'll be laughing if they bottle it as usual!
    08-16-11 09:58 AM
    ... oh dear you got suspended on OCUK...
    Real men get banned from that **** hole
    08-16-11 10:03 AM
    vodafone blackberrys dont have the logo on there anymore but when i got my blackberry before from vodafone it had the vodafone splash screen etc but no logo and it was locked to vodafone.
    08-16-11 10:05 AM
    I thought I'd find you on here!

I really shouldn't be thinking about getting one but I might as well see what the fuss is about. Plus, I like a phone that feels expensive and this apparently does.

I'll be unsuspended when the Arsenal game kicks off later so don't you worry, I'll be laughing if they bottle it as usual!
    Im always on here first thing in the morning...im a crackberry at heart

Might as well, if you dont like it you could always send it back or sell it and make some money etc. Its not for everyone Blackberries but most people seem to get on with it albeit with a boring OS compared to others lol.

Damn hmmm ill have to make sure one of the mods bans you again just for the lulz...and yes i expect us to bottle tonight as the team available doesnt look all that strong:*
    08-16-11 10:07 AM
    I'm shocked you haven't got one yet Spawn. Genuinely shocked
    08-16-11 10:10 AM
    Real men get banned from that **** hole
    Nah only knobbers and tosspots get banned from there

I'm shocked you haven't got one yet Spawn. Genuinely shocked
    Well seeing as i dont buy network branded phones...im waiting on the sim free launch...hopefully by end of this week or next week it will be out...i think Voda has a 7 day exclusivity on it so have effectively stopped the sim free phones being sold from what i gather or RIM hasnt shipped them out or have an embargo placed on them....SOB's if true

Trust me i am waiting with anticipation..
    08-16-11 10:18 AM
    As stated elsewhere second shipment is branded, I have one in my hand now, and its not pretty lol.

If you get one from a store in the next two days or so Id guess it will still be unbranded, after the weekend probably branded.

I'm talking about physical branding, all units will have the wallpaper / boot screen and vodacrap/apps on them.
    08-16-11 10:33 AM
    Thanks for that DangerMouse, I've ordered one () and I've been told it's unbranded, so we'll see.
    08-16-11 10:39 AM
    Im just curious, why do you look for the device to be unbranded?
    I just think it looks better.
    08-16-11 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD