Clove Technology have now slipped to the 19th of August

Handtec now 15-16thth August

Amazon showing 25th August
    08-12-11 08:34 AM
    Yeah, I know

This arrived today right enough. This is much better than the phone.
    08-12-11 08:37 AM
    Blackberry Bold 9900 is delayed

But only by four days
    By Kate O'Flaherty
    Fri Aug 12 2011, 14:08
    THE BLACKBERRY Bold 9900 has been delayed by four days, according to recent reports.
    According to online retailer Clove's blog, it originally expected the Blackberry Bold 9900 to arrive on Monday 15 August, but stock will be now be delayed until Friday 19 August.
    Apparently, this delay will apply to all UK BlackBerry stock.
    Clove promised Blackberry fans, "We will still be one of the first online vendors to receive stock of the 9900 next Friday. As always we will begin shipping orders the day that stock arrives subject to the time that it actually gets here."
    At the start of this month Research in Motion (RIM) announced its "biggest launch ever" of two Bold and three Torch models along with its Blackberry 7 operating system (OS).
    All of the smartphones including the thin Bold 9900 have a 1.2GHz processor, HD video calling, 24-bit high resolution graphics and advanced sensors supporting augmented reality apps such as Wikitube.
    RIM's Blackberry 7 OS apparently introduces a significantly faster web browser that RIM claims delivers a "more fluid" browsing experience. Other features include zooming and panning plus optimised HTML5 performance for better gaming and video responsiveness. �

Read more: Blackberry bold 9900 is delayed- The Inquirer
    The Inquirer - Computer hardware news and downloads. Visit the download store today.
    08-12-11 08:38 AM
    And yet Vodafone UK shipped theirs yesterday?
    08-12-11 08:43 AM
    Vodafone must have got some kind of priority because they're a network.
    08-12-11 08:47 AM
    I'm not a happy camper. I'll have to think about whether I cancel and get a Canadian model now. I hate delays, especially with gadget lust!
    08-12-11 08:53 AM
    Its sucks we have to wait I was looking forward to it on tuesday but meh its a few days I suppose.
    08-12-11 08:57 AM
    Yeah, I know

This arrived today right enough. This is much better than the phone.
    Hope you don't mind me asking, but where did you get the case from?
    Is it very good at protecting the phone if dropped on solid hard concrete from normal standing up height? I tend to do that a lot when Winter comes due to stiff fingers when getting the phone out of my pocket.
    08-12-11 09:09 AM
    That case is an Otterbox,. Hardly anything better. But it'll add bulk.
    08-12-11 09:11 AM
    That case is an Otterbox,. Hardly anything better. But it'll add bulk.
    haha, um okay? I have no idea what an otterbox is. From what I've googled around roughly it's a rugged case am I correct?
    08-12-11 09:18 AM
    Yep. It'll handle most drops.
    08-12-11 09:20 AM
    haha, um okay? I have no idea what an otterbox is. From what I've googled around roughly it's a rugged case am I correct?
    lol. OK, let me put it bluntly. Otterbox = Volvo Estate.

Some people say "it is big, boxy and ugly".

Mothers with new born babies say "We don't care. Nothing protects our babies better".

Hope that's cleared that up
    08-12-11 09:26 AM
    Yep. It'll handle most drops.
    lol. OK, let me put it bluntly. Otterbox = Volvo Estate.

Some people say "it is big, boxy and ugly".

Mothers with new born babies say "We don't care. Nothing protects our babies better".

Hope that's cleared that up

Ahahah I see now okay thanks to both of you. I'll look into buying that possibly
    08-12-11 09:29 AM

There's three different types here depending on how clumsy you are.

All in-stock Phone Accessories, HTC Accessories - BlackBerry, iPhone Accessories - Sat Nav Tracking
    08-12-11 09:54 AM
    Not a happy camper. I was expecting it to come before next weekend as I won't be home.
    08-12-11 04:07 PM
    Couple of things. I just emailed Handtec support, and received a reply.

1. They get their supply direct from RIM. RIM missed sending the devices when they promised.

2. They don't think their shipment is caught up with Cloves.

3. They say they will confirm exact dates on Monday.

4. They now say it could be the 16th for dispatch.

Grrrr!
    twigg likes this.
    08-12-11 04:17 PM
    Wow. It's delayed until the 19th. -__-

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 01:22 PM
    The word is that Vodafone UK have been given a 7 day exclusive. Seems the only 9900's being sold in the UK at the moment are theirs. Friday should prove the charm.
    08-15-11 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD