- CrackBerry Newbie
- 6 Posts
UK Blackberry in the USA? (saving contacts problem)
I bought my blackberry in the UK but I'm now studying in the states. My phone is unlocked and I have an AT&T simcard. However, when I save numbers (US phone numbers) in my contacts to call or text, it automatically adds a '+44' which makes the call not go through. I found a way around it by just manually entering the numbers and saving them in my memopad to copy and paste but this is very inconvenient.
Is there a way I can configure my blackberry so that I can just call/text from contacts?
- 01-26-13, 05:19 PM #2
I can't remember for sure where the setting for this lives, but it is linked to one of the "regional" settings like time zone, language, keyboard.
I think ... try Phone options / Smart Dialling, Country Code.
Numbers saved with the correct +n international prefix will work perfectly anywhere you travel, so get into the habit of saving US numbers in +1 style. The phone networks identify their own international code in the dialled number and ignore for national calls. I have the reverse problem with this, even with the correct setup sometimes my contacts get saved in national format instead of international (+nn ....) which is a nuisance because I travel a lot.
- By hd1080ts in forum VodafoneReplies: 3Last Post: 01-13-10, 09:37 AM
- By jamesandyori in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 02-22-09, 12:43 AM
- By Jm12uk in forum IntroductionsReplies: 9Last Post: 12-31-08, 08:37 AM
- By gr8wheelss in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 2Last Post: 08-27-08, 06:30 PM
- By naviwilliams in forum AT&TReplies: 7Last Post: 05-11-08, 09:55 AM