Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default UK Blackberry in the USA? (saving contacts problem)

I bought my blackberry in the UK but I'm now studying in the states. My phone is unlocked and I have an AT&T simcard. However, when I save numbers (US phone numbers) in my contacts to call or text, it automatically adds a '+44' which makes the call not go through. I found a way around it by just manually entering the numbers and saving them in my memopad to copy and paste but this is very inconvenient.

Is there a way I can configure my blackberry so that I can just call/text from contacts?

I can't remember for sure where the setting for this lives, but it is linked to one of the "regional" settings like time zone, language, keyboard.
    <checks phone>
    I think ... try Phone options / Smart Dialling, Country Code.

Numbers saved with the correct +n international prefix will work perfectly anywhere you travel, so get into the habit of saving US numbers in +1 style. The phone networks identify their own international code in the dialled number and ignore for national calls. I have the reverse problem with this, even with the correct setup sometimes my contacts get saved in national format instead of international (+nn ....) which is a nuisance because I travel a lot.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,605 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point

very simple.... press call key...... press bb key and scroll scrol to select option.......... scrol down to smart Dialing...... change country code from (+44) to (+1)... ... done...
    tangled in BB;
    undo with CB.
    Thanked by:
    Humga Chan (01-27-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thank you!