Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Ughhhhhh!!!! Need Answers Please!

Hello! I've been searching the forum for posts with similar issues as mine, no luck.
    Since my latest update:
    1. I have lost the use of my screenlock/unlock button.
    2.There is also an issue with my trackpad, at first it stopped working altogether. Now it works properly only from the homescreen, in some apps the trackpad doesn't work unless the menu button is pushed and then it only works in that new window, e.g. if in bbm, the trackpad will scroll only after i have opened the symbol screen.
    3. The alt button doesnt work in conjunction with any other button, e.g. normally to select the number 2, you would hold the alt button and the e/2 key, now i would have to first press and release the alt key then select the e/2 key.
    I've been searching the web for a way to revert back to my previous os (7.0) , i've been unsuccessful.
    Please HELP!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Lord View Post
    Hello! I've been searching the forum for posts with similar issues as mine, no luck.
    Since my latest update:
    1. I have lost the use of my screenlock/unlock button.
    2.There is also an issue with my trackpad, at first it stopped working altogether. Now it works properly only from the homescreen, in some apps the trackpad doesn't work unless the menu button is pushed and then it only works in that new window, e.g. if in bbm, the trackpad will scroll only after i have opened the symbol screen.
    3. The alt button doesnt work in conjunction with any other button, e.g. normally to select the number 2, you would hold the alt button and the e/2 key, now i would have to first press and release the alt key then select the e/2 key.
    I've been searching the web for a way to revert back to my previous os (7.0) , i've been unsuccessful.
    Please HELP!!!!
    Presume that you have tried the traditional remedy for all BlackBerry ills and done a battery pull ???
    PassportSQW100-1 10.3.1.1154

If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just to address point #3, I have never had to hold down the Alt key to type a number or a symbol. I have always pressed and released it and then hit e/2 to get #2. Same applies to Shift key to get capitals.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Lord View Post
    Please HELP!!!!
    There's no need to revert back to a dinosaur OS7 build.
    This just sounds like a bad install, so all that's required is a wipe and OS reload.
    How to Wipe / Load OS Using BBSAK
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    Thanked by:
    Jason Lord (01-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks for the replies guys. I did the old battery pull, it didn't work. I will try the wipe and reload.
    Thanks again