Cut a long story short, Vodaphone uk sent me 2x 9900 (one white one black) They were unsolicited, after much frantic action on my behalf to get it sorted (over 50 phone calls and emails from Jan 7th) they basically told me to put them in the bin! My daughters had been told by Vodaphone to keep them (another long story) but they had basically been blacklisted as stolen and automatically listed! 'Tommy" in the uk fraud department told me to go to a store and the manager would read the notes on the system and I would be able to purchase the devices for a nominal fee (�1 each) and that would be that....the store cant do it! their systems will not allow it!

Is there any other way of getting this MM6 message removed? I even have an email from Vodaphone customer services asking for its own department to delist these phones! They aint stolen! HELP
    01-26-12 09:56 AM
    That AIN'T my fingerprints on that gun!
    01-26-12 10:59 AM
    My understanding of the Blacklist is that once a device has been added to it, there is no turning back.
    01-26-12 11:02 AM
    so the phones are blacklisted but you're saying they're not stolen? Vodafone sent you blacklisted phones?
    01-26-12 11:04 AM
    My understanding of the Blacklist is that once a device has been added to it, there is no turning back.
    thats incorrect, i have (when i used to work for vodafone) requested devices to be released, normally due to someone not getting the IMEI right on the system or some such issue.

colin, the IMEI unbarring request can normally take around 3 working days to go through (although it sometimes is longer) so if theyve only sent that email today/yesterday then it may be they are simply in the que. as you say, you`r cc`d in on the emails, so you know its underway.

id honestly suggest either reaching out to @vodafoneuk on twitter, or hitting up their forums, as their tech team are normally alot more knoweldgable that the normal cs staff (hence the tech bit lol).
    elvin1983 likes this.
    01-26-12 11:13 AM
    thats incorrect, i have (when i used to work for vodafone) requested devices to be released, normally due to someone not getting the IMEI right on the system or some such issue.

colin, the IMEI unbarring request can normally take around 3 working days to go through (although it sometimes is longer) so if theyve only sent that email today/yesterday then it may be they are simply in the que. as you say, you`r cc`d in on the emails, so you know its underway.

id honestly suggest either reaching out to @vodafoneuk on twitter, or hitting up their forums, as their tech team are normally alot more knoweldgable that the normal cs staff (hence the tech bit lol).
    Thank you for the clairification. I wasn't sure if it could be released or not, so I appreciate the correction!
    01-26-12 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD