- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Turning off bluetooth shuts off my phone BB9900
I have to keep my bluetooth running in the background all the time to use my phone. If i disconnect from blue tooth it shuts off my phone. It drains my battery crazy fast. Please help me out.
- 12-24-12, 10:54 PM #3
Some devices will wreak havoc on BB's when you disconnect from them on Bluetooth. If you're saying the simply shutting Bluetooth off on the device when not connected to a device is shutting your phone off, it's time for an OS reload.
- CrackBerry Addict
12-26-12, 01:30 PM #4
- 778 Posts
i have the same problem, wifi or bluetooth have to be on at all times otherwise the phone shuts off.. my battery drain rate went from 2% to 5% (can barely last me half a day now) ever since this started happening.. installing a different OS didn't fix the issue, i think its hardware related.. it's a shame because my 9900 has been flawless since sept 2011 up until 2 months ago when this BS started
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-21-14, 11:42 AM #6
- 115 Posts
This is clearly kind of an old thread, so I don't know if anyone will see this or not. I have a very similar issue on my 9930, but it's the wifi instead of the bluetooth that I have to leave on. If I shut down the wifi the phone automatically powers down and I have to do a battery pull to get it to power back on.
I haven't been on Crackberry a ton, but I have used BlackBerry since 2000, so I am pretty familiar with the hardware and software of these phones, but this is a real head scratcher. It wouldn't be an issue if the wifi wasn't such a colossal drain on my battery. Has anyone else had this issue?
- By ksb63 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 05-09-12, 12:35 PM
- By mcgwire3 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 2Last Post: 12-31-11, 09:31 AM
- By ksb63 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 6Last Post: 09-03-10, 08:51 AM
- By formuladracer11 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 1Last Post: 02-10-10, 09:21 PM
- By drumdog00 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 0Last Post: 04-17-08, 05:45 PM