I'm using BB9900 .923 DoCoMo
    I know this topic was here many times, but still i didn't find what I was looking for.
    I will use Facebook Messenger app as an example, but there is much other like it. When I click Close app, it is gone from my "Switch Application" menu, there are only few (browser, phone, messages, etc.) But FB Msgr is still running (I know because I'm getting messages trough it. Even when I log out, and then close it, when I go Options>Device>Application managment I can see that FB Msgr is still running (because programs that are not running clearly are marked as "Not Running" under name of program. FB msgr uses 0% of CPU, but around 1MB of my RAM, and therefore I assume that it also uses some battery. Is there a way to stop it completly, so it says when I check there "Not running"? I've tried program ForceClose witch is utterly useless, because every program that I try to "force close" gives me message "This program cannot be force closed". So I'm wondering is there a program that really CAN stop application. I'm using deProcMan, but i'm having difficulties to understand what are Startup Procs, what are Non-Startup Procs, etc... I understand concept, I know what is process that starts with OS, but how to stop some of that proceses? Any good (preferably free app) that would behave like Windows Task Manager. Where you can kill whatever you don't want active.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-30-13 06:43 AM
    I'm using BB9900 .923 DoCoMo
    I know this topic was here many times, but still i didn't find what I was looking for.
    I will use Facebook Messenger app as an example, but there is much other like it. When I click Close app, it is gone from my "Switch Application" menu, there are only few (browser, phone, messages, etc.) But FB Msgr is still running (I know because I'm getting messages trough it. Even when I log out, and then close it, when I go Options>Device>Application managment I can see that FB Msgr is still running (because programs that are not running clearly are marked as "Not Running" under name of program. FB msgr uses 0% of CPU, but around 1MB of my RAM, and therefore I assume that it also uses some battery. Is there a way to stop it completly, so it says when I check there "Not running"? I've tried program ForceClose witch is utterly useless, because every program that I try to "force close" gives me message "This program cannot be force closed". So I'm wondering is there a program that really CAN stop application. I'm using deProcMan, but i'm having difficulties to understand what are Startup Procs, what are Non-Startup Procs, etc... I understand concept, I know what is process that starts with OS, but how to stop some of that proceses? Any good (preferably free app) that would behave like Windows Task Manager. Where you can kill whatever you don't want active.
    Yes there is an app called "whats running on my phone" I cant remember who the dev is for it, but when I had my 9930 and had leaky memory problems, I used it to close applications.

Welcome to CrackBerry and please post if you need more help. Look for that app and see if it helps you. Remember, there are about 35-50 processes running at any onetime on your phone, regardless of the fact that you see only the 5 "home" applications. That's the way the OS works.
    07-30-13 07:11 AM