I've never upgraded the OS before so this is my first time. I downloaded the .439 file already by Wind, and now trying to locate the vendor file in xml format but I cannot find it. The guide says to go to Program Files, Common Files, but I don't have a Common Files folder.

Am I supposed to run the file first or something? And do I have my phone connected to the computer the whole time I do this? Or will it prompt me later on to connect it? Any help would greatly be appreciated sorry for the noob question.
    10-16-11 12:12 AM
    Step 1: Double click the file you downloaded to install it on your computer.
    Step 2: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and delete the vendor.xml file.
    Step 3: Reboot your computer.
    Step 4: Plug in your blackberry via usb and open blackberry desktop software.
    Step 5: Update your phone.
    Last edited by EvilmasterMMA; 10-16-11 at 01:21 AM.
    10-16-11 01:19 AM
    Thanks Evilmaster!! I still couldn't find the common files folder so I just copied and pasted and found it!!
    Gonna follow ur steps and hopefully don't brick my phone =) thanks!!
    10-16-11 01:27 AM
    So I did all of the above, however after restarting my computer, I connected my phone and loaded desktop manager, went to update, it said that it cannot find any new updates... =(
    10-16-11 01:40 AM
    You go back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader
    and double click "Loader.exe" it should be near the top. Then just follow through with the steps.
    10-16-11 03:34 AM
    WILL THIS MYTH NEVER DIE?????
    10-16-11 06:58 AM
    I don't know why I'm having so much trouble doing this. So I downloaded the file from the sticky, installed it, then deleted the vendor xml file. I then restarted my computer, ran the loader file. Once that opened up, it just asked me which apps I wanted to install, after clicking next it said there was nothing else to do and to click Finish.
    I also tried going through desktop manager, went to update and it said no new updates were available, only the stock version which already was installed.
    So noob of me but really don't know what I'm doing wrong here, can anyone help me out please??
    10-16-11 02:54 PM
    *bump* can anyone help a noob out here pls!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-16-11 05:16 PM
    I don't know why I'm having so much trouble doing this. So I downloaded the file from the sticky, installed it, then deleted the vendor xml file. I then restarted my computer, ran the loader file. Once that opened up, it just asked me which apps I wanted to install, after clicking next it said there was nothing else to do and to click Finish.
    I also tried going through desktop manager, went to update and it said no new updates were available, only the stock version which already was installed.
    So noob of me but really don't know what I'm doing wrong here, can anyone help me out please??
    I'm having the exact same problem as you are, I've tried everything possible and it still will not work. By the way this is not my first time updating my os, I've done it before, in different ways, just this time its being a little weird. Someone help !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 06:43 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem as you are, I've tried everything possible and it still will not work. By the way this is not my first time updating my os, I've done it before, in different ways, just this time its being a little weird. Someone help !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    May I ask which way you normally do it? I tried running the loader.exe which only asked me which apps to install which I already had then afterwards it just went to finish. Then I tried using the desktopmanager and after I click update, it says no new updates available other than the stock OS.
    10-16-11 06:54 PM
    *bump* can someone pls help here... I'd really like to upgrade the OS really don't know what I'm doing wrong in the installation process...

10-16-11 10:59 PM
    *bump* can someone pls help here... I'd really like to upgrade the OS really don't know what I'm doing wrong in the installation process...

What version of DM are you using? Try using ver 6.1.0.35. Uninstall your existing DM. Uninstall the OS. Then install DM ver 6.1.0.35. Then reinstall the OS. Then follow the procedure in updating the OS.
    10-19-11 05:00 AM
    I hear that DM7 is having issues, so if you are using that version try going back to DM6 and see what happens.
    10-19-11 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD