Ok, I am having major trouble inserting my memory card into my Bold 9900... I know where I'm supposed to insert it. I searched the forums and tried inserting it at a slight downward angle, but it will NOT go in. I tried putting some force to make it go in, but to no avail. I had a 8gb micro sdhc, so i thought maybe the hc one was a different size so i downgraded to a 2gb microsd, and same problem... it simply will not go in.

I don't want to break anything, but i don't know what to do. I tried both memory cards on my old Bold 9700, and they pop in, piece of cake.

Is it my phone that's defected? Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else have this problem? Any help appreciated.

Thank You!
    02-01-12 05:51 PM
    Sounds like a physical issue with the phone, had no problem with mine. Can you bring it in to your phone carrier to try, that way if they break it ttying, you will avoid voiding any warranty.
    shegeeked likes this.
    02-01-12 06:15 PM
    um... did you take the battery out to do it?
    it is not the same as previous model
    shegeeked likes this.
    02-01-12 06:19 PM
    Yeah I just feel like it shouldn't be this hard as I've never had any problems inserting a memory card, it's pretty straight forward, lol. So good idea about having them try it. I'll probably be going tomorrow after work, will let ya know how it goes. Thanks again
    02-01-12 06:21 PM
    @ Killer007, ya I do have the battery out. Thanks though
    02-01-12 06:22 PM
    02-01-12 06:40 PM
    It is hard to say what's going on without physically looking at it. But look at the diagram at: BlackBerry Bold - Manuals and Guides and make sure you insert in the same orientation as described there.

What other users said is right. Do not force the card in because you may damage the phone and void the warranty. I would go to the store and ask them to put it in because if they screw up, its not your problem.

Also try: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...001-7.0-US.pdf
    shegeeked likes this.
    02-01-12 06:46 PM
    Ok looked at everything you posted and can't figure it out. I used a flashlight to see if any debris was in the slot (??? I dunno i thought maybe) but cant see anything. I'm just going to take your guys advice and just stop into the T-mobile store tomorrow and see if they can, because like you said if they mess up, it'll be their fault lol.

Thanks for your help guys!
    02-01-12 07:06 PM
    Ok, so I went into T-mobile today and it was my phone. They are sending me a new one, should be here tomorrow.

Thanks for your help guys!!!
    02-02-12 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD