Is anyone having trackpad issues? Since the first second I opened the box my trackpad has been overly sensitive, even if I bring the sensitivity down to 10. I can actually move my thumb over the trackpad without touching it and get the cursor to move. This is very irritating as every time I remove my thumb from it, what ever I had selected is no longer selected.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    I'm probably going to do a swap tomorrow or the day after, but I want to know if I'm alone in this, or if it's a commong issue. Also, my trackpad has a squeek to it when it's pressed.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 02:59 AM
    My trackpad is very sensitive as well, mostly with an overtendency of moving the cursor up. It doesn't have much of a squeek though.

Where was yours made? Mine's from Mexico 4.

Last edited by Masahiro; 08-11-11 at 04:36 AM.
    08-11-11 04:20 AM
    I have the exact same issue on my 9780 as well. I drop it down to 50 sensitivity and it's less pronounced, but in the browser the trackpad somehow goes back to being 100. It drove me crazy but I didn't have the time to go down for an exchange. Really pissed me off big time! Mine's a Hungary 2 set btw.
    08-11-11 04:46 AM
    My trackpad is very sensitive as well, mostly with an overtendency of moving the cursor up. It doesn't have much of a squeek though.

Where was yours made? Mine's from Mexico 4.
    Yup, Mexico 4 here as well. I'm going to go back to Future Shop and do a switch because this is pretty aggravating.
    08-11-11 11:56 AM
    It is. I may go exchange mine as well. Hopefully it's just us two.

08-11-11 01:34 PM
    So I went and traded in my phone, issue resolved And just an FYI, this one was also made in Mexico 4.
    08-11-11 06:02 PM
    I have one from MEXICO-4 Aswell, none of which this is an issue.

There is an option for hyperscrolling somewhere throughout the phone I believe.
    08-11-11 06:05 PM
    Nah, it was a faulty trackpad. I did a migration to the new phone and no issues. The squeaking is gone too. There's always a few lemons in a batch haha.
    08-11-11 06:24 PM
    Eek its starting to happen to mine a bit too!!! Only in browser though...must be software no?

08-11-11 06:58 PM
    I doubt it's software. I've already gone through three OS builds with the same issue. Glad you got the issue resolves, PrimalYeti. I guess I should go exchange mine soon. Heh.

08-11-11 07:26 PM
    Glad you got a proper one.

I'm hoping to exchange mine tomorrow (squeaky track pad issue) in the morning once the store receives stock.
    08-11-11 09:06 PM
    How are you guys able to exchange?

My store said it was apparently final sale and I have to send it in for repair...boo

08-11-11 10:21 PM
    Eek its starting to happen to mine a bit too!!! Only in browser though...must be software no?

I doubt it's software. I've already gone through three OS builds with the same issue. Glad you got the issue resolves, PrimalYeti. I guess I should go exchange mine soon. Heh.

I disagree, because I experienced otherwise. I have sensitivity set at 50 and it works fine when I'm using it normally, except that I've to swipe my fingers more to get around. However when I get back into the browser the faulty trackpad issue came back again, and it's only in the browser.
    08-12-11 01:31 AM
    Trackpad on my 9900 works fine. However, at the top edge of it, I noticed when my finger moves down from top edge, I felt the trackpad is little higher than the screen and that make moves not as smooth as other three edges. It is subtle but noticable. Has anyone else experience that?
    08-12-11 04:02 AM
    Anyone elses trackpad creak real bad?

08-12-11 01:32 PM
    Anyone elses trackpad creak real bad?

I had that on my 9700 after I dropped it once (on to a heavily carpeted floor) ! So it could be a spacing issue on yours at first thought.

However my 9900 feels sturdy as a rock at the moment with no creeking.
    08-12-11 01:40 PM
    I have a bit of a squeak too but I have 3 phones and all of them have some.
    08-12-11 01:57 PM
    Well the managers @ the rogers plus store will not take mine back...only send it in. Outright buy is "final sale" what a joke

08-12-11 03:23 PM
    who needs a trackpad when you have a touchscreen!. The employee's at the store said that trust me you wont use the trackpad and they were right i dont use it it thank god for the touch screen
    08-12-11 03:30 PM
    You know what, My old 9700 had this issue 2 times and both times they were made in mexico. My current 9900 is made in mexico but doesn't have this issue. I have been very pleased with it in fact.
    08-12-11 03:43 PM
    Mine is fine. I set it to 80 and it works fine...
    08-12-11 03:54 PM
    Mine had a bad squeak but got a new one. No squeak now!

There is no such thing as final sale. Even on my receipt it says I have "within 15 days and less than 30 minutes of talk time."

Return Policy Link Below:
    Welcome to Rogers Plus - Movies, Games, Wireless, Internet, Cable TV, Home Phone and more in-store for you
    08-12-11 04:34 PM
    Unfortunatley I'm over 30 min of talk time. This is the only store of the 3 9900s I bought giving this issue

08-12-11 04:36 PM
    Hmmm, noticed this edge at the top too, and the overly sensitive track pad. Maybe I will try taking mine back.
    08-12-11 04:43 PM
    So I went to go exchange my Mexico 4 9900 (build date is 280711) at the Rogers Plus store last night. The one I exchanged it with, although the track pad doesn't squeak as much as the last one, still retains the cursor issue in the browser.
    Now I'm a little confused as to whether this is a software or hardware issue. I ran the hardware diagnostics test (search up "device status" in universal search, and when you're on that screen, type in "test" and a new screen should come up that allows you to test the various hardware aspects of the phone), and it didn't detect anything funny with my trackpad. This leads me to believe that it is a software issue with the browser.
    On the other hand, the "software issue" has remained through multiple OS installs (I've reinstalled the stock OS, as well as .303 and .316). I also find it rather peculiar how only a couple of us have ran into this issue. This leads me to believe that it is a hardware issue, especially according to PrimalYeti's experience.

In short, what the heck is going on?
    Last edited by Masahiro; 08-17-11 at 12:39 PM.
    08-17-11 12:37 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD