Hi all I just made the switch from the tour to the new Bold but my Apps did not, even the ones I paid for in App world. I have downloaded a fair share but I seem to have lost them all. Can anyone help me get them back, including the ones I paid for?? thanks much.
    08-23-11 09:17 AM
    Most won't work which is why they didn't make the move. Check Appworld on your phone and look for the group titled "unavailable". Those are the apps that are not OS7 compatible.
    08-23-11 10:11 AM
    Hi all I just made the switch from the tour to the new Bold but my Apps did not, even the ones I paid for in App world. I have downloaded a fair share but I seem to have lost them all. Can anyone help me get them back, including the ones I paid for?? thanks much.
    If by chance you backed up your tour apps with a program like bbsak or something else, you can try loading them back on your phone with bbsak (or a similar app). It doesn't always work, but in my case, I had several apps that were listed as not working in os7 that I bought from the cb store, but when I added them using bbsak, they did work on my new 9930. It's hit or miss, but you can try it. You would have to change your pin number to the new bold number for paid apps that require registration numbers-usually done on the website where you purchased the app.
    08-23-11 12:28 PM
    I also switched from Tour 9630 (BB5) to Bold 9930 (BB7) and lost more than half of my apps not available in BB7. A little frustated, but I consider it to be a 'cleanup'. Will keep on looking for apps as they came available. Just one of those things. If you are so worried about your old apps - maybe you should have waited another month or so. (BTW - this is why I ONLY use free apps - even if they are not 100% working as I want them to be)
    08-23-11 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD