• Any one using a screen protector?
    • Does the touchscreen works with it?
    • Which brand of screen protector you have?
    • There are some at eBay that are like full body, does they work?

Thanks
    11-08-11 07:58 PM
    I use a screen protector after I noticed it got scratched in the far left corner. I bought it from Rogers for about 20 bucks and they gave me two. I forgot the name but its the anti-glare ones.
    11-08-11 08:10 PM
    I ordered mine from Zagg. Should have it tomorrow. Cant wait! Highly recommend.
    11-08-11 08:14 PM
    I use a screen protector on mine and it works great. It does not affect the useability of the touch screen at all. Click HERE. I did an extensive write up regarding the "Xtreme Guard" full body protector. Didn't look at the date I wrote that but I know it has been at least 2 months, probably more, that it has been on my phone and working great. Not even noticeable any more, but the full protection is there. Obviously not as much protection as an OtterBox would provide...But if you want your device protected, without really adding any bulk, this is the way to go, IMHO. Good Luck.
    11-08-11 08:28 PM
    Bought mine for $2 online. Been using the same supplier for years for my screen protector needs. They don't leave residue either ! Anything more than $5, your getting ripped off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 08:42 PM
    no problems at all with screen protector.

is it me or third party screen protectors (i bought mine for $5 so I wasn't ripped off I guess) always seem to work better than those that come with cases? hmmmm.
    11-08-11 09:06 PM
    I use a ghost armour screen and full body protection, kinda like zagg but I find its a little less rubbery and thinner.. Doesn't affect the screen at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 09:16 PM
    I ordered mine from Zagg. Should have it tomorrow. Cant wait! Highly recommend.

Exactly, i love my invisible shields. Took it off my storm2 when i sold it and it was absolutely beautiful like day 1. I have maximum coverage ones on my 9930, playbook, brother's nintendo 3ds, previous storm 1 and 2, and plan on getting my parents them for their nooks for christmas.

the zagg maximums make your phone look really nice in my opinion. hassle to put on the tiny pieces but worth it in the end!
    11-08-11 10:18 PM
    i got mine on ebay 6 for $2 or something works well no bubbles and clear/crisp.
    11-08-11 10:49 PM
    I highly recommend the Skinomi screen protector for the 9900. Amazon usually stocks them at low prices and they are made out of military-grade supplies just like Zagg products.
    11-09-11 05:50 AM
    The stock one has worked good for me til now. The screen sure is more crisp now that I removed it though. I just ordered some cheap anti glare films on ebay...we'll see how that goes. Does anyone know of a cheap case/back cover that sticks out the front enough to protect the screen if its face down on a flat surface? I find that's how my phones usually get scratched.
    11-09-11 08:21 AM
    i bought the Zagg from Best Buy best screen protector i've ever had also got one for my PB it was an excellent choice
    11-09-11 09:52 AM
    I've got the Zagg. I've got them on my iPods & GPS as well. They work great and do not affect the touchscreen usability at all. They are a bit of a pain to put on but once they are on they stay there until you take them off.
    11-09-11 10:30 AM
    Just got my Professional ScreenGUARD in the mail from Cnet Seller on Ebay. They go on really easy (screen protectors have come a long, long ways since I last used them on my PocketPC) Touch screen is working perfect, which is surprising considering how thick the film was. Anyways, I'm more then happy for the few odd bucks I spent on it.

As I write this I'm watching my Dad painfully messing with sprays and cloths and whatnots as he puts his screen protector on his 9810 and tries to iron out the bubbles, which he paid 20 bucks for at the phone store and now he's complaining he has fingerprints or something behind it. Not only that but he only got one and I got 2! But now we're both up and running and happy looks like...

EDIT: I should add that these protectors are quite smooth, as smooth as the screen itself in my opinion.
    Last edited by galleon; 11-10-11 at 08:46 AM.
    11-09-11 09:06 PM
    I have a Defender case for my PB which has a great screen protector that feels like nothing is there. I am betting that the Commuter case which comes with a screen protector.
    11-09-11 09:11 PM
    The only two things about a screen protector that I care about are the smoothness of the surface and the method of adhesion. Zagg has the "orange-peel" surface where its slightly bumpy. Some people say they can't tell a difference but I can and I hate it. While its good for durability and preventing glare, I feel it does affect the clarity of the display. Some will disagree. I only use ones described as crystal clear.
    The adhesion I prefer is the static type. They usually come sandwiched between two pieces of clear plastic that you peel off in a certain sequence. I don't like the wet ones with solution or soap. Just my preference and paranoia. I've used BestSkinsEver, Clarivue and several no-name ones. The brands cost a little more, and the only thing I've noticed is they seem to be more precisely cut to the shape of the device surface.
    Anyhow, just my opinions.
    11-09-11 09:56 PM
    Does anyone have any pictures of their 9900's with the Full Body protectors on (e.g.,from Zagg, etc.)?

I've seen them but never really thought they would provide that much protection but seeing all of these supportive comments about them I might be willing to give one a try if they look decent.
    11-09-11 10:07 PM
    Does anyone have any pictures of their 9900's with the Full Body protectors on (e.g.,from Zagg, etc.)?

I've seen them but never really thought they would provide that much protection but seeing all of these supportive comments about them I might be willing to give one a try if they look decent.

Btw, i messed up the camera b/c i let it stick to itself folded over so it has random creases.
    11-11-11 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD