Whenever I try to use the touchscreen on my 9900 outside in the sun, it's either very unresponsive or doesn't work at all. Anyone else having this issue?

I've tried a few different apps for changing the LED colour for certain messages but I've decided that Advance OS and LED is the best one for the features. However, my LED doesn't display colours properly other than red, blue, and green. Everything else is a blurred mess of colours. I also noticed this when I was charging my phone when it was off. It's supposed to be orange but it looks like green mixed with a pale orange. Is this just how the 9900 was released or is mine internally defective?

Also, does the phone get laggy from having a bunch of stuff on the inserted SD card? Does filling my phone up with apps cause lag?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by Shifty88; 06-19-12 at 02:14 PM.
    06-19-12 02:05 PM
    How long have you had your 9900? I have the same sunlight sensitivity on my nine-month-old unit, but only noticed it recently. Not sure if it only manifested in the past few months, or if fall&winter prevented me from noticing it earlier.

My phone's LED colours aren't perfect either -- I've always just assumed there are separate LEDs inside the phone that are located too far apart to seamlessly blend. It's not something that's bothered me though.

Kevin
    06-19-12 02:34 PM
    Well well, when we mentioned this issue everyone laughed at us
    deal with it now
    06-19-12 05:21 PM
    I've only just noticed the sensitivity. I've had it since Sept 2011. I noticed it after updating to 7.1.
    06-20-12 12:56 AM
    Well summer starts and days tend to get wam and sunny now - unlike novembre last year
    Yes it is a well known problem and recently, maybe because of summer, more and more people are reporting this. There is no real solution yet. Best advice would be either use the trackpad or turn against the sun so your own shadow covers the screen.

My LED does this too, for example when battery gets low it doesn't show an actual color but more a mix of them.
    06-20-12 03:22 AM
    yes, i also noticed a difference in colors between my 9900 and 9810.

as for the screen dimming due to the LED light, just use dark colors available in my app ( in the color dropdown menu, choose last one 'More..' to open a color spectrum chooser with brightness control for LED colors) to stop the screen light sensor from noticing the LED lights.

hope this helps
    06-21-12 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD