Hi Folks

I have a Bold 9900 and thought that it would be great to have a Touch Phone Dialer so I developed 1 for it, gave it to some friends and they like it.

Am thinking of putting it in App World, what does everyone think ? is free, 50, 75, or 99 cents ok for a small app like this ?

Have sent it to the CB team to see if they are interested, if more are interested, I could post the install files as I will likely give V1 for free.

Version 1 Features include, touch phone dial upto 15 digits, touch # to reset, once # is input touch DIAL word to dial #. Menu options include add + to phone # and delete digit (did not find how to trap DEL keyboard event in html5 until recently)

For Version 2 I will look at implementing any comments from people and possibly putting it in the App World… perhaps asking for a small fee for my time as well. So far comments include giving more space to digits, somehow having it active during a phone call, and delete digit pressing DEL key.

Here are 2 screen shots.

UPDATE: see my post to download app for free here... enjoy !

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...59#post7327259

cheers
    paul
    Last edited by pauln281; 04-17-12 at 11:10 PM.
    03-08-12 11:22 PM
    Any time you have an app that you'd like reviewed by one of us here on the CrackBerry team, regardless if you created it or someone else, send the info to [email protected].
    03-09-12 12:23 AM
    Well its a nice idea because maybe their are people out there want to have it so not a bad start but I am not into touch screen dailing or typing.
    03-09-12 12:40 AM
    Seriously, I would pay for this feature, I hate the little dialling keys, really miss on screen numbers from my Torch.
    03-09-12 12:54 AM
    I would be interested in this app if you get it out there.
    03-09-12 11:35 AM
    When you start to get on in years those tiny keys are really hard to see....I would definitely get it.
    03-09-12 11:59 AM
    You guys do know you can voice dial anything without pressing any keys at all don't you! Hahaha!
    03-09-12 09:03 PM
    post the file, looks good.
    03-09-12 09:06 PM
    bring it.......
    03-09-12 11:38 PM
    I�m interested as well
    Make it pls really easy to launch the app
    03-13-12 11:03 AM
    if you could use the same UI as the buttons on the torch (so it looks as geniuine as possible) i would definitely be willing to pay
    03-13-12 11:20 AM
    I�m interested as well
    Make it pls really easy to launch the app
    Ditto. But assigning the app to the convenience key would be the way to go.
    03-13-12 11:24 AM
    I'd buy it. Do it.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-13-12 11:30 AM
    Hi Folks

I have a Bold 9900 and thought that it would be great to have a Touch Phone Dialer so I developed 1 for it, gave it to some friends and they like it.

Am thinking of putting it in App World, what does everyone think ? is free, 50, 75, or 99 cents ok for a small app like this ?

Have sent it to the CB team to see if they are interested, if more are interested, I could post the install files as I will likely give V1 for free.

Version 1 Features include, touch phone dial upto 15 digits, touch # to reset, once # is input touch DIAL word to dial #. Menu options include add + to phone # and delete digit (did not find how to trap DEL keyboard event in html5 until recently)

For Version 2 I will look at implementing any comments from people and possibly putting it in the App World… perhaps asking for a small fee for my time as well. So far comments include giving more space to digits, somehow having it active during a phone call, and delete digit pressing DEL key.

Here are 2 screen shots.

cheers

paul

You know what I'd like to see is a full qwerty on screen keyboard for touch blackberry phones. That would be an awesome idea. I'd develop it myself but I'm not a programming person, more hardware.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-13-12 11:40 AM
    Paul -

I definitely would like this app for my 9930. What's the status?

Barry
    03-13-12 12:01 PM
    Any news on this?

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-20-12 02:31 PM
    Paul,

I too would like this, and would purchase this. I do recommend, if you are going to publish, please incorporate the features of the 9810.

JIM
    03-26-12 12:48 PM
    My strong suggestion would be to release this for free..

As you can see the range of different interests and modifications already offered would toss you into a well of support and constant updates... but if its free then WYSIWYG applies, you are not obligated to develop it further, or deal with "well my fktel 9000 i bought i nowhereistan has issues.."...etc etc.. and my desires for nicer looking buttons goes unsaid.

You CAN off course point to somewhere for donation based support via paypal or something
    03-26-12 02:37 PM
    Hello folks,

Sorry I have been busy the last few weeks, my grandson was born last week cute little fella...

Thanks for all your comments, was thinking of putting into app world but don't want to fill in the paper work... so here it is for you all free of charge, simply download, extract to my documents or somewhere else, then with Blackberry Desktop install the TouchDial.alx app.

The app is basic at this stage, it is an html5 dialer works with your phone functions, click on help in the menu for functions, I am still looking at improving it with nicer digits, and somehow call it up when on a call, but time will tell. I have only tested it on a Bold 9900 and Bold 9930.

Feel free to send me an email let me know what you think, look in the Menu/About for my email ... and feel free to share with your friends.

cheers
    paul
    Last edited by pauln281; 04-17-12 at 11:20 PM.
    04-17-12 11:01 PM
    The app works really well. Thank you very much.
    04-18-12 12:20 AM
    thank you for this free app.
    04-18-12 01:32 AM
    Nice! Thanks for sharing. If this were polished up a little more I wouldn't have a problem paying a couple bucks for it.

Good job!
    04-18-12 03:53 PM
    Love it... Thanks again!
    04-23-12 09:39 PM
    You know what I'd like to see is a full qwerty on screen keyboard for touch blackberry phones. That would be an awesome idea. I'd develop it myself but I'm not a programming person, more hardware.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    Then why in the world did you buy the 9900?
    04-24-12 07:17 AM
    Can we install it over the air?
    04-24-12 10:41 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD