Just saw the videos of Torch 9860 and the Bold 9900 and I'm completely confused.
    The Torch 9860 looks like an awesome device and coming from a Storm and Torch 9800 I'm used to touch screens and large screen areas.
    But to upgrade I have a big question. I love the sleek look of the Bold 9900 and had my heart set on it, however looking at the video of Torch 9860 got me thinking.
    I want a physical keyboard for sure but also want a big screen. The Torch 2 won't cut it as it is nowhere near the design factor of the new phones.
    I'm completely confused about the device I should buy. I need physical keyboard as I make a lot of calls while driving and the touchscreen is hardly conducive for that, but the 9860 has such a hugely tempting screen that I'm not able to make my mind up.
    Would like to hear if others are confused and what are they going with?
    And as a side note to ward of the sanctimonious, I use a bluetooth Handsfree to talk, so I don't want to hear about the dangers of cell phones and driving. I have a two hour commute, and I can't be offline for 4 hrs in a day, so I behave responsibly.
    Frankly I'm leaning towards the 9900 as I have a Playbook for my big screen needs.But the 9860 .... wow that is tempting.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 08-03-11 at 04:22 PM.
    08-03-11 03:58 PM
    The 9650 is a Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 04:04 PM
    Alright, you make a lot of calls so you need a keyboard? Why? Doesn't the touch screen have a dedicated dialer?

It really is just a personal preference. I have verizon so the bold is my choice. I also love that type of form factor. It has the specs that would be better suited for a "real" smartphone.

Have you enjoyed your torch? Have you owned a bold or a curve?
    08-03-11 04:20 PM
    Get the Bold 9900. Looks great except the price tag..
    08-03-11 04:21 PM
    The 9650 is a Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My mistake. I meant the 9860
    08-03-11 04:25 PM
    I'm guessing OP meant the 9860?

I didn't know there was 9650 Bold coming out, all the Hardware looks great but I'm more curious if the OS will deliver...?

Since you own a PlayBook, if I were you (I also have a 64GB PlayBook & Torch 9800) I would go with the Bold 9900. This is where Bridging shines!

The Torch is my 4th Smart Phone this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if I upgrade again having only owned it for a few weeks. LOL
    08-03-11 04:27 PM
    Alright, you make a lot of calls so you need a keyboard? Why? Doesn't the touch screen have a dedicated dialer?

It really is just a personal preference. I have verizon so the bold is my choice. I also love that type of form factor. It has the specs that would be better suited for a "real" smartphone.

Have you enjoyed your torch? Have you owned a bold or a curve?
    The touch screen does have a dedicated dialer but it still is a bit hard to dial quickly.
    I love touch screens (not enough to buy an iPhone), but dialling is still a PITA.
    I have enjoyed the Torch.Never owned a Bold or curve. My first BB was the 8800 and then the Storm.
    I'm just confused between the qwerty and a big screen. I will definitely not buy the Torch 2. Looks dated.
    Was totally sold on the 9900 till I saw the video of the 9860.
    08-03-11 04:31 PM
    The touch screen does have a dedicated dialer but
    Was totally sold on the 9900 till I saw the video of the 9860.
    I'm currently in the same boat as you, my friend. I was totally set on the 9900, until I saw all the goodness this morning. I was unaware that the 9860 is coming to AT&T.

I have some time to figure out which new BlackBerry I will choose, since AT&T is putting everything they have into the Torch 2 at the moment
    08-03-11 05:55 PM
    I'm currently in the same boat as you, my friend. I was totally set on the 9900, until I saw all the goodness this morning. I was unaware that the 9860 is coming to AT&T.

I have some time to figure out which new BlackBerry I will choose, since AT&T is putting everything they have into the Torch 2 at the moment
    Second that. Ive been in love with the 9900 since I heard about it (so much I sold my android and bought a 9700). But seeing pics of the new torch 2, gosh it looks super tempting.. Now I dont know which to upgrade to?!!!

EDIT: Or rather, I 'third' that..
    Last edited by austriker; 08-03-11 at 09:27 PM.
    08-03-11 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD