03-28-17 09:41 PM
186 ... 678
tools
    He is selling the phone with battery and a charger. That charger doesn't look like an original Bold 9900 charger though..
    03-26-17 11:33 AM
    Well since it's at a good price , then it 's worth going for it !
    03-26-17 11:37 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1490548474.838691.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	323.6 KB 
ID:	420266

The charger does say Blackberry on it, although it definitely is a European prong set up. So it wouldn't work here

Even the battery looks brand new and I see no indentations on the NFC metal contacts on the inside of the battery cover, so it's basically a new device....
    03-26-17 12:15 PM

Name:	IMG_1490548474.838691.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	323.6 KB 
ID:	420266

The charger does say Blackberry on it, although it definitely is a European prong set up. So it wouldn't work here

Even the battery looks brand new and I see no indentations on the NFC metal contacts on the inside of the battery cover, so it's basically a new device....
    But the charger isnt separate from the usb cable.. I dont know, it looks fishy to me.. Like the charger might be from a different model.
    03-26-17 12:21 PM
    The charger out put in the pic is 700 mAh. On my T-mobile 9900, the charger out put is 750 mAh.
    However, since the phone is in Europe which make it likely a version for that region, I can not be sure. Some carriers there might have packed the 9900 with that travel charger model.
    You can get the charger model number and hardware version from the picture for a research on Google.
    The phone look good in the pics. There are a couple more things you can do to check but only when you have it on your hand. I wonder if you have the option to return if phone is not as describe.

Under the chin piece (the smiley shape piece right below the keyboard) are two screws. The one on the left should have a screw head 'protector' as in the attached pic. If it is broken, the phone had been opened up. The chin piece is glue in place by double side tape so it can be lift up with a fingernail to check that screw. That's one of the thing which can be check quickly.

Name:	IMG_20151004_010817.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	420276

Posted from my  Passport
    03-26-17 01:59 PM
    Any Android charger should work, same micro USB I believe, like the S6 Sammy, etc. Chargers wear out, people replace them.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-26-17 07:11 PM
    @Ralph Morgotch @idssteve @littlebuff @mushroom_daddy
    I asked him to send me additional photos of the phone, it seems ok to me.. Whats up with that charger though? Is it legit? https://imgur.com/a/bEHZh
    From the pictures the keyboard, handset and battery appear to be in v good condition. You can't see the water damage indicators so could ask for confirmation (or a photo) that these remain white.
    The charger looks like one that would be provided with a PlayBook although it doesn't have the usual yellow tail USB connector. In any event, the unit appears to be BlackBerry OEM and if operational will almost certainly charge the 9900; I use all sorts of charging units with my phones.

If you have the option of returning the handset and you're happy with the price, go for it! Get it in and run extensive tests before deciding whether to keep it.
    If there's no return option you might want to ask a few more questions – any genuine seller should be more than happy to answer questions and reassure potential buyers.
    idssteve likes this.
    03-27-17 02:49 AM
    Can someone please tell me the power output specs of the original Bold 9900 charger? From what I gather, it should be 5V, 750mA but I am not sure.. If I were to charge the phone with a charger that has a higher power output (say 5V, 1-1.5A), would I be risking battery or phone damage?

And what would be the limit power output allowed for the original JM-1 battery?
    03-28-17 06:36 AM
    I often use my BB PlayBook charger (higher rated output) with the 9900 without any problems,
    Check this KB article: BlackBerry smartphone compatibility with BlackBerry PlayBook charger

My UK socket OEM supplied with the 9900 provides a stated output of '5v = 750mA' it looks like this one from Amazon
    If you do a web search you'll find all sorts that work with a 9900, some are OEM, others are third party. You're very unlikely to burn your battery with an OEM BlackBerry charger or any bonafide, safety certified manufacturer
    03-28-17 07:05 AM
    I use the Passport charger, which is 1300 mA, for the BBOS battery quite often, as well as charge my Passport with a 800 mA Z10 charger. Different in mA means different in charging speed, where higher mA gives faster charge.
    The downside of charging at different mA is where the charger has much higher current, which would cause higher battery temperature. And high temperature reduce battery life. But one needs to do this frequently enough to see an obvious different.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-28-17 09:41 AM
    I have a regular BlackBerry phone charger (5v, 700mA), but I can't remember if it came with the Bold 9900 or a different model. I've been using it for years with the Bold 9900 without issue. I have also used the Playbook charger (I don't have a Playbook, but someone was selling them for under $5 shipped on Amazon a couple of years ago, so I grabbed one) and I have used it with the Bold 9900 as well, though not often.
    03-28-17 09:41 PM
186 ... 678