You are totally right.
    I am fully aware that, just because it's a public forum does not at all mean that anyone can come in and say anything they want.

I was going to say so,
    but for the sake of peace here and move on.... :-)
    Things must be really boring for them in the other forums that show some signs of slowing down. So they come here, try to cause a ruckus, etc.

We know who to watch for now
    01-15-17 10:50 AM
    ...but for the sake of peace here and move on.... :-)
    Well and truly written; plus, in the grand scheme of things, none of this is terribly important. Peace.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    01-15-17 10:56 AM
    .... in the grand scheme of things, none of this is terribly important. Peace.
    Well said Sir! Lets move on ...

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CB Tapatalk
    01-15-17 01:30 PM
    Does factory reset or wiping the OS and installing it again also wipes the BUYR statistics?
    01-15-17 02:04 PM
    Does factory reset or wiping the OS and installing it again also wipes the BUYR statistics?
    Not in my experience. Its like the odometer in your car, it just tracks the total useage.

There might be some fancy hack for it that someone might be able to do, but for most of us it does not reset.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-15-17 02:54 PM
    Thanks Ralph, reason I ask is because I asked one seller to tell me what it says in his phone BUYR statistics and he supposedly could not find it (even though I told him where to look). Man, this is crazy, even with all odds against it, I am still considering this phone.. Anyway, sorry to bother you guys, I did not want any bad blood.
    01-15-17 03:02 PM
    Options>Device>Device Status and Information>then type BUYR - it stands for Buyer's Remorse where you can see the Data Usage, Voice Usage and IT Policy.

Then look under FREE MEMORY and it will show total useage
    01-15-17 03:34 PM
    Like this....

Is it too late...?-img_1484516307.889013.jpg
    01-15-17 03:38 PM
    Thanks Ralph, reason I ask is because I asked one seller to tell me what it says in his phone BUYR statistics and he supposedly could not find it (even though I told him where to look). Man, this is crazy, even with all odds against it, I am still considering this phone.. Anyway, sorry to bother you guys, I did not want any bad blood.
    You are NOT bothering anyone, so no worries! We have a respect for this device and still love using them, it's all good.

idssteve likes this.
    01-15-17 03:58 PM
    What's the realistic price on absolutely new and unused Bold 9900? I found one in my country, it still has protection stickers on it. It's just that the seller is asking too much in my opinion.. 130$ USD.. I'm thinking to do a lowball offer, see if he's willing to lower it.

01-15-17 05:46 PM
    What's the realistic price on absolutely new and unused Bold 9900? I found one in my country, it still has protection stickers on it. It's just that the seller is asking too much in my opinion.. 130$ USD.. I'm thinking to do a lowball offer, see if he's willing to lower it.

http://i.imgur.com/ITy0Api.jpg
    That's a nice find very nice little kit but remember it depends on how much you want to spend I would say cut that in half and always find out first if you're going to be able to have BIS where you are check with your cellular provider first before you buy anything. Like others have said in here make sure you check all that

Myself I paid 90 Canadian for a great condition used unlocked one and I'm still happy with it that was a year ago.

So in the end it's up to you. As mentioned it all depends on if you need a lot of apps, etc. just weigh your pros and cons and make a decision I don't really want to tell you what to do because it could backfire but know that if you do get the 9900 there are always people here and we will talk you through it and help you out any issues if we are able.
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 01-16-17 at 12:19 AM.
    01-15-17 08:10 PM
    Well, no BIS for me, the carrier doesn't have it.. I've read that it can be used without BIS somewhere, right? I've found even better one and in my city, only problem is, a guy is a reseller.. I offered him about 70$ usd, that's as far as I'm willing to go.

Huh, I just typed this in a bus on a way to work, man it was a pain I don't need many apps, a functional browser and email should suffice. I also use maps/gps when I'm somewhere new and when I'm in a pinch. Shame that Bold doesn't have that..
    01-16-17 12:31 AM
    Blackberry Maps works amazingly well for me. Very easy to send your location to someone, etc. Easy zooming.....

01-16-17 04:37 AM
    Do they work without BIS though?
    01-16-17 04:42 AM
    Use my 99 on the bouncing bus all the time. While running to the bus... With briefcase in right hand, even. 99 at its best.

Lack of BIS is a handicap, tho. Possible, but not plug&play. Idk if BBMaps would work without bis but doubt it.

Here's a link to Shuswap's bis sticky: Guide: BlackBerry OS 7 (maybe 6) WITHOUT BIS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Part way down it lists lnks to a possible google maps solution. Key word there is "possible".

Be prepared for quite an adventure without BIS. All depends on the level of commitment your situation can justify.

The rewards of typing during a bumpy bus ride, or with single hand replying to messages from bed, are worth the price of dedication, for some of us. There is a price, tho. Especially without bis.
    01-16-17 06:20 AM
    Hello there !
    Just came across your discussion - and am intrigued by your persistence to make this device work !

What is your location ?
    Do you have any carriers offering prepaid service ( with BIS as an option ) ?

Best wishes and good luck !
    01-16-17 07:14 AM
    I'm from Serbia, we have 2 carriers that offer BIS for 11$ usd that only has 30mb of data.. My current carrier doesn't offer BIS unfortunately.
    01-16-17 07:18 AM
    I'm from Serbia, we have 2 carriers that offer BIS for 11$ usd that only has 30mb of data.. My current carrier doesn't offer BIS unfortunately.
    Are you sure about this 30MB of data for BIS? Maybe you have unlimited connection via BIS, and this 30 MB is for streaming, etc?

E.g. In Poland we have unlimited data via BIS connection (but not streaming - YouTube is extra paid, connection goes via standard data plan) so I can play all day all night via browser on my 9900 and don't care about data plan.
    01-16-17 09:19 AM
    I've checked again, one provider gives 30mb for 12$ usd and other gives 30mb for 13$ usd.. My provider doesn't even have BIS so there's that..
    Last edited by Twisted Fate; 01-16-17 at 11:00 AM.
    01-16-17 10:10 AM
    Might be worth it to switch providers because you might be in for quite a headache. Again not telling you what to do but might be worth it
    01-16-17 10:39 AM
    Changing providers is not an option, I am under 2 year contract + I have a good affordable data plan with my current one.
    01-16-17 10:41 AM
    Changing providers is not an option, I am under 2 year contract + I have a good affordable data plan with my current one.
    Do they have the option of prepaid ?
    If so get a Sim , pop it into the bold and try if you like the device.
    If you don't like it , then sell it with Sim included.
    01-16-17 11:02 AM
    I will ask them, in the meantime do we have anyone that's using Bold 9900 without BIS to tell of his/hers experience?
    01-16-17 01:02 PM
    I will ask them, in the meantime do we have anyone that's using Bold 9900 without BIS to tell of his/hers experience?
    Idsteve , in post 90 has link with plenty of info for you.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 01:13 PM
    Check out the stickies for further information
    see Guide: BlackBerry OS 7 (maybe 6) WITHOUT BIS
    01-16-17 01:25 PM
203 ... 23456 ...