Hi guys. I suffer from a glitch in my Media Player. Whenever I get an incoming call, the music stops (as expected). After the call, the volume increases and the EQ settings are lost. The only "fix" that I'm aware of is doing the 3 finger reset.
    I know this has been addressed in other forums, but has anybody found a real fix for this?
    I am running 7.1.0.402
    09-19-12 08:23 PM
    Hi guys. I suffer from a glitch in my Media Player. Whenever I get an incoming call, the music stops (as expected). After the call, the volume increases and the EQ settings are lost. The only "fix" that I'm aware of is doing the 3 finger reset.
    I know this has been addressed in other forums, but has anybody found a real fix for this?
    I am running 7.1.0.402
    Get a different phone? Swapping through OS's doesn't fix problems anymore I've noticed. That bug has been around for the longest and I'm dissapointed that RIM doesn't care to fix this issue while they continue to work on blackberry 10. Is blackberry 10 gonna be this way? People swapping OS's like repairman?
    09-19-12 08:56 PM
    Weird i don't have experienced this problem so far on any OS that i have been on ever since.
    09-19-12 09:08 PM
    Get a different phone? Swapping through OS's doesn't fix problems anymore I've noticed. That bug has been around for the longest and I'm dissapointed that RIM doesn't care to fix this issue while they continue to work on blackberry 10. Is blackberry 10 gonna be this way? People swapping OS's like repairman?
    Why would I swap phones? I seriously don't think this is a hardware issue.
    09-19-12 09:09 PM
    Why would I swap phones? I seriously don't think this is a hardware issue.
    So swap the OS. And if you have the same issue I guess it would be the blackberry.
    09-19-12 09:13 PM
    Do you have a recommendation to which OS?
    09-19-12 09:15 PM
    You can try out the latest official one or if you fancy hybrid you can try zocster's ones.
    I have no idea which OS is the best since i'm currently stuck on .391 version.
    09-19-12 09:27 PM
    Do you have a recommendation to which OS?
    I'm using 9930/7.1.0.649. But I don't use the media player so idk if the issue would be fixed. And only reason I say that is because I used to have that SAME issue on my blackberry storm (years ago), and also on my tour 9650. Usually hitting the mute button,then un-mutin would raise the volume back up.
    09-19-12 09:29 PM
    I appreciate the suggestion, but I really don't want to load a new OS unless it solves my problem. That is why I'm asking for solutions to my particular (albeit minor) problem.

*EDIT* Let me better define the issue.
    When I get an incoming call, the media player pauses.
    After the call, the volume increases and the tonal quality is last ( i.e. my settings are lost). If I select stop and replay the selected track, it will play correctly.
    The next track may or may not play with the correct settings.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by oldtimeBBaddict; 09-19-12 at 09:43 PM.
    09-19-12 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD