- CrackBerry User
- 32 Posts
Is tieing to BBM a security issue?
I am coming from a line of Blackberries, the latest being a 9700. Last week I moved up to a 9900, so OS 7.1.
My question (worry) is all of the apps wanting to "tie" to BBM. I really don't understand it. And, I don't want to randomly give out my PIN to the world.
I am not a big Facebook user, but this and all the other apps being "connected" to BBM worries me and I have denied them. I get nags all the time from many apps when I launch them.
1. Is allowing the BBM connection going to open up access (through apps) to my contacts, phone number, and other personal information?
2. Is there a difference in the amount of personal information a RIM-created app will allow as opposed to a 3rd party app.
One of my main reason for staying with the BKB is security as opposed to the Playphone or R2D2 droids.
Thanks to all.
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-30-2012, 07:55 AM #3
- 133 Posts
Re: Is tieing to BBM a security issue?
BBM connected apps don't share your personal information, from what I've seen the most they do is update your personal message(and they ask you first so you can say no), they don't access to you contacs, phone number, etc.
I don't think a RIM-created app will be allowed into your personal data more than any other app, but I don't know, I'd like to believe that they don't
- By SongDrifter in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 7Last Post: 04-28-2010, 02:02 AM
- By SongDrifter in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 04-28-2010, 02:02 AM
- By jetman1287 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 9Last Post: 04-01-2009, 07:07 PM
- By Duvi in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-05-2008, 12:27 AM
- By Mr. Chitlin in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 8Last Post: 04-04-2008, 11:21 PM