hey i am a tmobile customer
    i currently have the 9780 but really considering the 9900....
    any opinions and all input is gladly appreciated!
    Team Blackberry!!
    11-03-11 11:16 PM
    Great phone. A HUGE step up from the 9780 imo. Touchscreen changes everything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 11:18 PM
    hows the camera?
    and what bout no uma.. i hope thats not a hardware issue..
    what is the ultimate con besides battery if any other issue u may say?
    thanks btw 4 the quick reply
    11-03-11 11:22 PM
    The wifi calling and nfc are coming in a future software update. The camera is weak for a high end smartphone. I liked the camera picture quality on my 8900 better. On the positive end, the web browser is a huge improvement, touchscreen and keyboard is awesome. The phone is very nice to hold and is made of premium materials. It is the only Blackberry that doesn't suck at all when compared to an iphone or high end android. if this phone had come out in 2008 instead of the storm, it would have changed everything. It is above all else, a phone for blackberry lovers. I'm very happy with mine.
    11-03-11 11:57 PM
    The wifi calling and nfc are coming in a future software update. The camera is weak for a high end smartphone. I liked the camera picture quality on my 8900 better. On the positive end, the web browser is a huge improvement, touchscreen and keyboard is awesome. The phone is very nice to hold and is made of premium materials. It is the only Blackberry that doesn't suck at all when compared to an iphone or high end android. if this phone had come out in 2008 instead of the storm, it would have changed everything. It is above all else, a phone for blackberry lovers. I'm very happy with mine.
    awesome!! thanks for ur input
    whats weak with the cam? the quality ofthe pix?
    11-04-11 12:01 AM
    awesome!! thanks for ur input
    whats weak with the cam? the quality ofthe pix?

also what about convience keys?
    11-04-11 12:03 AM
    Hey there,

To answer your questions, the camera doesn't have the auto-focus of the 9780, so pictures tend to be more blurred on average (I certainly preferred the camera on the 9780 despite it being less MP).

There's 1 less Convenience Key on the left of the device, but I'm OK without it, as I use many shortcut keys to launch apps using the keyboard itself.

Like others are saying, it's worth the jump. The jump in build quality and keyboard are amazing. The 9900 both looks and feels like a premium device, much less plastic-y than its previous models.

The touchscreen is INCREDIBLY useful. I have always always been a fan of the physical keyboard. But this combo is the best. Sometimes, since BB is highly menu-driven, it's a lot easier to simply click on an item than to scroll to it all the time. You basically have your trackpad for more precise movements, and the touchscreen as an amazing shortcut to get around your device.

Plus, those dang trays they brought out in OS6 are SUPER useful with a touchscreen. With OS7, I thought to myself, I now I can finally get rid of those pesky trays. I tried that for some time, but with a touchscreen, they definitely enhance the usability of the device, including using things like the Universal Search or the Notifications Bar. Utterly painful to use without a touchscreen before, now, they are useful.

Plus, the device is dead sexy. I think the sexiest smartphone out there by a *significant* margin. I doubt many here would disagree with me.

Cheers!

11-04-11 01:16 AM
    might aswell post this here instead of starting a new thread...

whats peoples thoughts on the screen size? is it big enough to be useable?

ive ruled out an iphone as i really want/need a hardware keyboard, so the choice has come down to a bold or a torch. Problem i have now is that im not a huge fan of sliders, but also not sure if the smaller screen will cut it (using a curve 3g at the moment and it does my pan in)
    11-04-11 03:17 AM
    might aswell post this here instead of starting a new thread...

whats peoples thoughts on the screen size? is it big enough to be useable?

ive ruled out an iphone as i really want/need a hardware keyboard, so the choice has come down to a bold or a torch. Problem i have now is that im not a huge fan of sliders, but also not sure if the smaller screen will cut it (using a curve 3g at the moment and it does my pan in)
    I miss the screen size of my Torch. The Bold screen is big enough to be usable but it the experience would obviously be better on a bigger screen. But I use my Playbook for anything that I would need a big screen for! On the whole for what I do, the Bold is the better phone.

Try them both out if you can.
    Donnee likes this.
    11-04-11 04:44 AM
    Get the 9900. Consider getting the playbook if you need a much better multimedia experience. It's worth the extra dollars you're paying from a 9780.
    11-04-11 04:58 AM
    I would take a look at the pics that are posted in the 9900/9930 camera thread here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/pictures-taken-9900-real-world-638430/

The pics on the last page are mine... As you can see it takes very, very nice photos of pretty much anything... Except close-ups. That is definitely the weak spot.

11-04-11 05:48 AM
    ive got the playbook aswell so i have that for the multimedia, its more for the "quick" browsing / facebook / bbm during the day that im thinking

That being said i do have a tendancy to be a bit rough with my phones so candy bar will probably work better than slider

thanks for the info anyway
    11-04-11 02:28 PM
    It's a great device. I love it (came from a 9700 on AT&T).

11-04-11 02:45 PM
    Great Phone - I would recommend it to a friend looking for the best Blackberry ever. The keyboard is awesome.

11-04-11 05:28 PM
    Keyboard & Touchscreen are Great but crap battery life was THE cop out for me & im back on my 9780 & i love it even more than i did before. Camera is another disappointment on this phone. My personal opinion is get it & see how you feel but DONT sell your 9780 just yet until youve used the 9900 for a few weeks then decide which you want to stick with. Screen size is decent for a none slider with a physical keyboard. If your after a big screen then i think a total touch screen is the only way to go.

Long live the greatest BLACKBERRY EVER the Bold 9780.
    11-05-11 05:10 PM
    I should have gone with my first instinct and gotten the torch 9810 instead of the bold. Now I am gonna wait for a white or red torch to be released. The bold 9900 has a poor battery life and you may also end up with a brick, like I did and so many other people who bought the device.

However, awesome keyboard....I will give it that at least.
    11-05-11 09:40 PM
    I am thinking of getting the 9900 tomorrow on ATT�is the battery life really as bad as they say it is??? I have been waiting so long
    11-05-11 10:57 PM
    I am thinking of getting the 9900 tomorrow on ATT�is the battery life really as bad as they say it is??? I have been waiting so long
    I can't speak for other's experiences, but my battery life has been exceptional. When I am at work I use it a little less than the weekends and it lasts me 1.5-2 days. On the weekends, it may only last a day due to hours of browsing and photos.

omi10468 likes this.
    11-06-11 07:20 AM
    Mine easily lasts all day and then some. I have no idea what some other people have running on their phones or if in fact a lot of bad batteries are out there. There a documented issue with some batteries. My 9900 needed a new battery from the start which Telus provided for free. It has been perfect since. ALSO...it is one killer freakn' fone!
    11-06-11 07:24 AM
    Much, much better than the 9780. Take it! The prob is the camera has no autofocus........ Not too much of a prob except for the people which go to family outings armed with their phone as a camera

11-06-11 07:27 AM
    Much, much better than the 9780. Take it! The prob is the camera has no autofocus........ Not too much of a prob except for the people which go to family outings armed with their phone as a camera

The 9930 takes excellent group photos. Extreme close-ups is the only area where the camera falters.

11-06-11 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD