Now before anyone complains that this is in the wrong thread, I know but I made an executive decision and put it in here

Ok, now to my problem.

Been running the dkapprentice minibanner theme for an age now, and felt like a change.

So Been trying some of the free ones like

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/108883

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/117997

And for some reason I am unable to change the wallpapers.

Of course the developers have not replied to my questions, but I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issue . Just upgraded my OS and still no change.

All the themes from dkapprentice work fine. Don't know what's up but its annoying.

cheers in advance.

Brap Brap
    08-21-12 03:59 PM
    Now before anyone complains that this is in the wrong thread, I know but I made an executive decision and put it in here

Ok, now to my problem.

Been running the dkapprentice minibanner theme for an age now, and felt like a change.

So Been trying some of the free ones like

Free Abstract Green Art Theme - Download Abstract Green Art Theme - Free Themes from BlackBerry App World

Buy Evolve Pulse Theme with OS 7 SUPPORT - Download Evolve Pulse Theme with OS 7 SUPPORT - Buy Themes from BlackBerry App World

And for some reason I am unable to change the wallpapers.

Of course the developers have not replied to my questions, but I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issue . Just upgraded my OS and still no change.

All the themes from dkapprentice work fine. Don't know what's up but its annoying.

cheers in advance.

Brap Brap
    While I have not tried those specific themes, I DO know that many theme available on App World do not allow wallpaper changes. If it does not say "wallpaper friendly" it does not.
    I could mention the names of several developers who do this but I will not. So in answer to your question, this is correct. The theme HAS to be used with the wallpaper it comes with. Stupid, no?
    08-21-12 04:25 PM
    First theme mentions that it; "Clean and pleasant UI with HD Wallpapers." Maybe you can't. You can send the devs a tweet, they may respond quicker than e-mail.

sikdudes (sikdudes) on Twitter

Second theme doesn't mention custom wallpaper, so I am not sure if it is a bug or not. Again, tweeting the devs may get a quicker response.

Pixel Dreems (PixelDreems) on Twitter
    08-21-12 04:28 PM
    While I have not tried those specific themes, I DO know that many theme available on App World do not allow wallpaper changes. If it does not say "wallpaper friendly" it does not.

I could mention the names of several developers who do this but I will not. So in answer to your question, this is correct. The theme HAS to be used with the wallpaper it comes with. Stupid, no?
    Thanks Jaydee.

I never new that about the themes. That might explain the issue. Shame cos I wanna have pics of my wife and kids on my phone no some random picture.

That's a real deal breaker for me. Puts me off buying more themes.

Brap Brap
    08-21-12 04:41 PM
    Thanks Jaydee.

I never new that about the themes. That might explain the issue. Shame cos I wanna have pics of my wife and kids on my phone no some random picture.

That's a real deal breaker for me. Puts me off buying more themes.

Brap Brap
    I certainly understand how you feel. With over 9000 pictures on my 32GB card, I, too, like to change wallpapers more than just once a day!!!

I believe all of the themes offered here on CB have been wallpaper-friendly, as the developer who post their themes here are very responsive to the buyers. In fact, many of us here test for these theme developers and they know what we like.

If you are buying something blindly on App World, I would contact them first as another poster suggested, using either their support address or twitter. That way, you can better spend your money. Also, the themes offered here usually are accompanied by screen shots so that helps you to see what the theme is like.

Hope you can get a refund from those developers. But alas, I have been burned too and I know you probably won't.
    08-21-12 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD