It's been almost two weeks now that I've owned a 9900.

I'll start with the bottom line: What a device!

I was worried at first that I might not have enough memory, but since I am not an app hoarder I have 221MB left (according to App World) to play around with and that includes all the apps I need.

I was worried about the camera, but it's taking the right pictures, the ones that I care for.

I was worried about the touch effect and how responsive it would be, but that thing is far more better than anything touch I've owned.

I was worried about the battery, yet it lasts all day...

In a nutshell, if you're hesitant about buying this phone then don't be. And don't let your mind control the "I'll wait for something better" because better will always be right around the corner.

If you REALLY want to enjoy a TRUE BlackBerry experience, grab the phone today! Every time I hold it or send a message it's like I am using it for the first time...
    09-05-11 10:38 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I could not agree more! ... I've used them all .. the Bold 9900 ... its the top smartphone out there now, IMO!! ... truly amazing!
    jinxednuance likes this.
    09-05-11 10:47 AM
    I can't wait for my 9930 to be delivered tomorrow. I keep refreshing the UPS site as though they would deliver today. Ha.
    09-05-11 11:01 AM
    Great phone it is. Truly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Best phone ever made thinking of user experience IMO and the design is the best looking ever made by Rim, keep it up!
    You guys make me so jealous. I am a broke 17 year old with the 9330
    09-05-11 11:05 AM
    You guys make me so jealous. I am a broke 17 year old with the 9330
    Its ok....... I feel really sorry I really want to donate mine

09-05-11 11:07 AM
    I have to agree with the op. For anyone that is not buying this phone because of the alleged camera or battery issues I challenge you to find someone you know with this phone and play with it. It is absolutely gorgeous, and the camera and battery are excellent IMHO.

This is only the second berry I have owned (after my 8530) but man is it sweet. Yes, I have a new 3-years contract and QNX handsets are due out next year - but my 9900 does everything I need it to do and more. I won't be worried about upgrading for a while.
    09-05-11 11:10 AM
    9900's an awesome device! Just too good of a phone. The only problem I could ever have would be in relation to the battery size, but it still gets me through the day on a single charge

09-05-11 11:16 AM
    This is the best phone I've used to date, and I've gone through more phones then underwear, haha. Better then any iPhone I owned, 9700, 9780, 9800, 9530, 9000, HTC desire and more. Only thing I would add if a future model were to come out would be a front camera.
    09-05-11 11:17 AM
    oh golly, I have been drooling over this phone for months. thing is att is refusing to release it. I am so very close to switching but do enjoy the advantage of rollover minutes with att. Ever since playing around with one in a verizon store, i constantly am checking back here to see if there is any news..
    09-05-11 11:32 AM
    I am coming from a webOS phone in the Palm Pre 2. I did wait two weeks to get it, at least I know RIM is in it for the long run unlike HP. For people talking being unable to scan QR Code, I just had no problems scanning group QR Codes for BBM.
    09-05-11 11:45 AM
    The matured quality hardware & software of the 9930 represents RIM's smartphone experience. I've had four different Androids over the last two years, all of my computers are Linux based (Gentoo, Arch, CentOS, Debian), and I choose Blackberry because of the way it is built and how the OS functions.
    09-05-11 12:08 PM
    Same here!
    Thanks again for helping me get one!!!!
    09-05-11 12:28 PM
    I honestly think this is the best BB ever. Personally better than my droid as well although obviously many would think otherwise based on their needs.
    09-05-11 12:59 PM
    Truly loving mine more and more everyday too.
    09-05-11 01:03 PM
    I couldn't have phrased it any better. This is a little gem of a device. Thanks RIMM.
    09-05-11 01:22 PM
    I have to agree with the op. For anyone that is not buying this phone because of the alleged camera or battery issues I challenge you to find someone you know with this phone and play with it. It is absolutely gorgeous, and the camera and battery are excellent IMHO.

This is only the second berry I have owned (after my 8530) but man is it sweet. Yes, I have a new 3-years contract and QNX handsets are due out next year - but my 9900 does everything I need it to do and more. I won't be worried about upgrading for a while.
    i went from an evo to the 8530 and now the 9930 and I just love having to do anything on this device. I agree the camera is great for a phone. I compared same pics on a 9780 and I thought the 9930 was better in all situations besides macro shots. Also Im on 24 and a half hours on this battery with exactly 50% juice left. I think we have the best phones available.
    09-05-11 01:30 PM
    Agreed. This phone rocks and I have two of them.

I'm not a RIM basher by any means. I bought a Playbook the day it was released, and ported over a big family plan to Verizon from AT&T just to get the 9930 a couple weeks ago ...

BUT....

They should have listed to US (yes, US! the people here at Crackberry) two and a half years ago when we wanted a touch screen Bold. Instead of just starting their development on the next-gen phones (QNX) they would probably have one to market already. It just pisses me off that we were asking for a GHZ processor, 5 MP camera, HD video, and a touch screen bold form factor two damned years ago.

I've been loyal since 2001. Ten years. I'm happy as a pig in **** with my 9930. However, if a QNX phone doesn't blow my socks off by December of 2012 (a year and three months from now!!!!) then I am through. It sucks to even think that, but that's the reality of living in this day and age.
    09-05-11 02:27 PM
    the keyboard alone is the reason to have this phone over anything else. love it.
    09-05-11 02:51 PM
    the best bb ever made. i wud pik this over the iphone in a heartbeat
    Good job rim
    09-05-11 03:21 PM
    +1
    Thanks RIM!
    Keep your foot on the development accelerator.
    09-05-11 10:14 PM
    I can't wait for my 9930 to be delivered tomorrow. I keep refreshing the UPS site as though they would deliver today. Ha.
    I was in your boat a week ago. I ordered it the previous Thursday evening, it was shipped "overnight" fed ex early Friday morning, however I didn't get it until early Monday afternoon. For literally two days the site showed it sitting in a facility 3 hours south of my house. I know FedEx does not deliver on Sundays but don't get why it took till Monday when overnight should have been Saturday *sigh* ah well it was worth the wait the device is awesome
    09-05-11 11:02 PM
    Agree the 9900 is a gorgeous phone where I actually look forward to replying to emails and text mainly because of the keyboard and thinness of device, definitely the best BB to date even over the 9860. I went from iPhone to 9900 to iPhone back to 9900, yes the OS is behind but the overall communication experience with this device is just awesome.
    09-05-11 11:22 PM

I've waited for this phone for two years and the mixed reviews honestly gave me second thoughts... that is until I spent 5 minutes with the live demo. The videos do not do this phone justice, it's gorgeous, fast, and the camera takes good pictures. I took some test photos of the in store fact cards and they were perfectly readable.

Those with battery issues they problem is PROBABLY an app. Battery life for me is comparable to previous models (9630/9650) which is about two days of moderate or light use and a full day of heavy use under most conditions.
    09-05-11 11:49 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD