Coming from a phone with a bigger screen, and having used my friends android for a bit, I was finding it annoying to have to scroll left to right as well as up and down to view text in news articles for example. Androids automatically wrap the text on whatever you're reading so it fits on the screen as you pinch and zoom. The 9930 won't do that. But...

Say you open up crackberry.com in your browser, and you're sifting through the forums, open a thread you want to read, but the text is too small. You can fiddle around for a while trying to pinch and zoom to get just the texts from the posts in, but that's still too small for me.

If you double tap on the area you want to read, the browser will zoom in to the level you have set as your default font size, and will then wrap the text so it all appears on the screen at the same time.

The default default font size is still too small for me (I think it was 16), so to change it, when in the browser, bring up the menu, go to options, and scroll down to 'default font size (in pixels)' and change it to whatever your heart desires. I have it at 25.

Now when you double tap on the text in a post, it will zoom in to a decent, readable level, AND wrap the text so you don't have to scroll left to right to read the whole thing.

Sorry if everyone knew this already, but I was excited to find it! I did search CB first and the last remotely relevant post was from Jan, and people complaining that the Torch wouldn't wrap the text.
    08-17-11 09:28 PM
    Thanks. That helped.
    08-17-11 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD