I am on the fence on purchasing this product (Tether for BlackBerry). Would this app be necessary when (not if, I hope) 9900/9930 have wifi hotspot turned on?
    09-30-11 05:43 PM
    I don't think you need this app, I am able to tether to my Mac from my 9700. I'm sure you can do more with 9900 on a PC or Mac.

Sent via BB Tapatalk.
    09-30-11 05:52 PM
    I don't think you need this app, I am able to tether to my Mac from my 9700. I'm sure you can do more with 9900 on a PC or Mac.

Sent via BB Tapatalk.
    How are you tethering?

I am very happy with the Tether app. Just used it last weekend while on a mini vacation. It worked great. Not sure about your question on hot spot though, other than rumour is, they may charge for it. Tether is a one-time fee.
    09-30-11 06:07 PM
    I'm tethery via Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking. I have have any tether app on my BB 9700.

Re: charges, its all network/carrier dependent.

Sent via BB Tapatalk.
    09-30-11 06:17 PM
    I tether via DM at the moment. No need for the app. Looking forward to the hotspot feature though...
    09-30-11 06:29 PM
    ive been tethering thru dm as well used over .7 gb (most of my data plan) when internet was out at home... works great. no need for an app
    09-30-11 11:14 PM
    The main benefit of this tether application is that it allows you to tether without having a mobile hotspot or tether plan from your carrier. It routes the data through the phone's original connection and it looks to the network like you're simply browsing the web in the phone's browser.
    10-01-11 10:03 AM
    I use my 9900 and tether all the time... On my mac or pc no software required. Maybe this program fine a way to tether (A la bridge style) where you won't be charge for tethering if your plan do not offer it!
    10-01-11 10:08 AM
    Are you guys tethering wirelessly or via usb?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 10:11 AM
    Usb for me on both my mac and pc.
    10-01-11 10:28 AM
    I tether via DM at the moment. No need for the app. Looking forward to the hotspot feature though...
    ive been tethering thru dm as well used over .7 gb (most of my data plan) when internet was out at home... works great. no need for an app
    The main benefit of this tether application is that it allows you to tether without having a mobile hotspot or tether plan from your carrier. It routes the data through the phone's original connection and it looks to the network like you're simply browsing the web in the phone's browser.
    mspscan rise a point: if you tether through DM, does the carrier see the data traffic differently than using an app, such as Tether, through the phone?
    10-06-11 02:29 PM
    Usb for me on both my mac and pc.

Hi! I'm tethering via Bluetooth on my Mac, how do you tether via USB?

Sent via BB Tapatalk.
    10-06-11 06:11 PM
    mspscan rise a point: if you tether through DM, does the carrier see the data traffic differently than using an app, such as Tether, through the phone?

You might need an APN from your carrier to be able to tether without the 3rd party tether apps.

Sent via BB Tapatalk.
    10-06-11 06:12 PM
    If you're familiar, it's quite easy, set up a bluetooth dial up modem through your computer, it's the easiest way to tether "wirelessly" as the hotspot function has not been enabled as of now. For TMO the dial field should be "*99#" user and password are blank. Has worked with all my BB's and no other apps are needed, aside from BDM to install the proper drivers of course.
    10-06-11 08:28 PM
    You might need an APN from your carrier to be able to tether without the 3rd party tether apps.

Sent via BB Tapatalk.
    Anyone know Sprint's APN information?
    10-12-11 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD