Greetings! I'm using my 9900 and love it. For email I'm using logicmail and I'm also using other normal apps. I do not have BIS and I know its usually quite cheap. I think I heard once that AT&T offers it for like 6$ a month.

Is there anyone using BIS through Telus? And how much do you pay per month? If its cheap I'll have no problem adding that on to my contract but I want to make sure that it's not making a hole in my pocket. And if it is inexpensive, why not get it? lol I think i just find it odd to not have BBM or the native messages app functioning.

Cheers!
    blackberry-9900-
    06-19-16 11:57 AM
    There are some networks that don't require you to have the BIS add on, for instance i don't have it yet my network says that the BIS is included in my monthly plan even if i didn't request it which is good because it doesn't cost anything extra. There was another network in my country that also did this, you should ask telus directly maybe on twitter or customer service what their plans for BIS, if it's expensive maybe you could check another carrier, i left my previous carrier because they stopped all BIS services completely.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-20-16 04:19 AM
    All data plans with TELUS come with BIS data now, as long as you're on a monthly (post-paid) plan. If you have an older plan that's not offered anymore and you don't have BIS activated on it, then you'll have to upgrade your plan to the current ones to get that. If you're on prepaid you basically have access to BBM only. Hope that helps!

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    06-25-16 11:12 AM
    All data plans with TELUS come with BIS data now, as long as you're on a monthly (post-paid) plan. If you have an older plan that's not offered anymore and you don't have BIS activated on it, then you'll have to upgrade your plan to the current ones to get that. If you're on prepaid you basically have access to BBM only. Hope that helps!

Posted via CB10
    ok, thank you!

Cheers!
    blackberry-9900-
    06-25-16 11:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hi there. This is fascinating. Just wondering your source for this? Have done a cursory search of Telus's mobile website and can't find the fine print on this.

I have a Bold 9900 that I'd like to get working. Am currently on Fido; don't really want to jump ship but just researching for options. So any further info would be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 05:46 AM
    Follow up:

So what it seems is that BIS is just included in your plan, in 2016, at Telus (as noted above) and at Fido, I found out.

I found this out because I finally upgraded to a new plan after being on one since about 2012. Back then there were BIS plans & regular data plans. Now all plans include BIS, but whether you use it or not is up to you.
    Last edited by Ursus Rufus; 09-01-16 at 05:01 PM.
    09-01-16 03:21 PM
    Follow up:

So what it seems is that BIS is just included in your plan, in 2016, at Telus (as noted above) and at Fido, I found out.

I found this out because I finally upgraded to a new plan after being on one since about 2012. Back then there were BIS plans & regular data plans. Now all plans include BIS, but whether you use it or not is up to you.
    I am with fido and currently have a tablet only plan and will soon be on their normal cell/data 6gb plan......as of today my tablet plan does not indicate I have bis. Do I have to call fido and activate it before bis will work?
    01-01-17 01:55 PM
    I am with fido and currently have a tablet only plan and will soon be on their normal cell/data 6gb plan......as of today my tablet plan does not indicate I have bis. Do I have to call fido and activate it before bis will work?
    Fido is owned by Rogers right? All I can say is that I am with Rogers and BIS was automatically included, I switch between the iphone and the 9900. I would talk to FIDO, hopefully they have as good a customer service as Rogers, and see if you have to add it on, etc.

6 GB is decent. I get 5 GB's a month.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    01-01-17 07:13 PM
    Fido is owned by Rogers right? All I can say is that I am with Rogers and BIS was automatically included, I switch between the iphone and the 9900. I would talk to FIDO, hopefully they have as good a customer service as Rogers, and see if you have to add it on, etc.

6 GB is decent. I get 5 GB's a month.

OK so bis works with my new plan. Bbm is working but I am not able to add my Gmail email accounts. Any idea why? At the moment I am using a blackberry flip 8220
    01-03-17 11:20 PM
    OK so bis works with my new plan. Bbm is working but I am not able to add my Gmail email accounts. Any idea why? At the moment I am using a blackberry flip 8220
    Found a solution. Had to turn off two factor authentication
    01-03-17 11:46 PM
    This is what worked for me TELUS BIS Pricing?-img_1483511302.111293.jpg
    01-04-17 12:28 AM
    Yup thanks that worked! I've been bouncing around switching between legacy devices. I'm currently using the 8700 and boy what a great phone this was!
    01-10-17 10:24 PM
    I'm on KOODO which is part of Telus and BIS is not offered through KOODO . Rendering perfectly good devices like BB9900 use less.
    02-02-17 10:05 AM
    I'm on KOODO which is part of Telus and BIS is not offered through KOODO . Rendering perfectly good devices like BB9900 use less.
    If you're not in a contract, abandon ship. Get your butt on Rogers and get the "Share Everything" plan for $55 a month like I just did. You get Canada Wide, unlimited Texts, Vid, 5 GB's of Data and for $10 more you can get 15 GB's of Data, you can set Data alerts for any amount of useage used. Caller ID (Name and Number is included) .....what more could you need? BIS included no extra charge.

Check your local area cell towers and Google is people in your area are happy with Rogers before you do it...

But I think you KNOW what you have to do if BIS is essential to you...

And the best part is, NO CONTRACT NEEDED.

But PHONE them first and make sure they can get everything the way you want.

02-02-17 03:55 PM

https://koodomobile.blackberry.com/

If you're on a Koodo postpaid plan, you should be able to get BIS.

If you're on Koodo prepaid, there is no BIS. I'm on Koodo prepaid. I have written service books to enable MMS messaging on prepaid, but there's nothing you can do to get BBM, BlackBerry email, etc.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 02-02-17 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Removing Sarcasm. ;)
    02-02-17 09:36 PM
    This is what worked for me Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1483511302.111293.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	415312

We need a page of basic tips so that we can just provide a link. Or you need to make that your signature. :P
    02-02-17 09:40 PM
    We need a page of basic tips so that we can just provide a link. Or you need to make that your signature. :P
    haha if I ever make a new Gmail, this is something I learned from scratch, the hard way and now I can do it automatically. But it was more than rewarding when everything finally works...

02-04-17 01:31 AM
    In the same vain as this orginal post. I am going back to my BB9900 for a few reasons. But I did a test run on a BB9790 and it could not connect to BIS on the Bell network. I phoned up technical support and asked them for help with them absouetly bewildered and confused by the question and ultimately giving up. Does any one know how to get BIS on a Bell Mobile account?
    02-22-17 06:12 PM
    In the same vain as this orginal post. I am going back to my BB9900 for a few reasons. But I did a test run on a BB9790 and it could not connect to BIS on the Bell network. I phoned up technical support and asked them for help with them absouetly bewildered and confused by the question and ultimately giving up. Does any one know how to get BIS on a Bell Mobile account?
    Have you seen this ?
    How to set up my BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) : How to access BlackBerry Internet Service
    02-23-17 05:23 PM
    Hey, as I suspected I needed Bell to make a change to my plan, I finally got a rep from Bell who know what I needed and within 5 minutes had me setup!
    02-23-17 05:26 PM