Anyone see the 7.1 update for the 9900 in Western Canada yet ?

cheers,

heavy
    03-12-12 02:39 PM
    Yup, Calgary area here.

Have you checked via the DM? Won't show up on the OTA device updater.
    03-12-12 02:43 PM
    Yes, my friends on Telus got there update here in Calgary as well. I have the leaked OS 7.1 exact same version installed on my phone, so I don't get the notification for the update.
    03-12-12 02:46 PM
    Still nothing for me in BC...good to hear its making its way west.

thanks

heavy
    03-12-12 02:49 PM
    Still nothing for me in BC...good to hear its making its way west.

thanks

heavy
    I think they release these in phases to lower the server load. Even Telus official BlackBerry update site is showing OS 7.0.0.585. Also Telus doesn't use OTA updates since OS 6.0 as far as I remember.

Hang on buddy...soon you will have wifi hotspot.
    03-12-12 02:58 PM
    I'm in the East and still haven't gotten the update, so don't think geographic location has anything to do with it.
    03-12-12 03:00 PM
    I'm in the East and still haven't gotten the update, so don't think geographic location has anything to do with it.
    The servers Telus and RIM jointly use to push the update is a factor. RIM and Telus have agreements on how the updates should be pushed to the Download Managers.

You are probably in an area where Telus have either a large load of server traffic OR have very few servers. Soon you will get the update.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 03-12-12 at 03:07 PM.
    03-12-12 03:04 PM
    ...or it's been pulled
    03-12-12 03:22 PM
    ...or it's been pulled
    Really? How do you know? I mean wow, what a surprise considering I was happy that Telus is acting fast on OS updates.
    03-12-12 03:31 PM
    Really? How do you know? I mean wow, what a surprise considering I was happy that Telus is acting fast on OS updates.
    It was a guess... just like your posts
    03-12-12 03:39 PM
    It was a guess... just like your posts
    Oh ok.... I don't know what's going on with Telus side either. I know that they check the server loads and release the updates in increments.
    03-12-12 04:22 PM
    Very happy with the update so far. No negative performance changes, no negative battery issues, just additional features; exactly how an update should go.

For those of you who get too impatient you might as well install the leak - it is the same build. I held out thinking the Telus update might be slightly more advanced but turns out that isn't the case.
    03-12-12 04:34 PM
    Very happy with the update so far. No negative performance changes, no negative battery issues, just additional features; exactly how an update should go.

For those of you who get too impatient you might as well install the leak - it is the same build. I held out thinking the Telus update might be slightly more advanced but turns out that isn't the case.
    Not only the same build, the few bugs I posted under the leaked thread are still there. It is wired how with BlackBerries not all bugs can be reproduced by everyone. For example, I never experienced the bug which some reported where the wifi hotspot SSID get reset during reboot, while I finally found a solution to backlight jumping to 70 from 10 during a reboot, others never even have to look for a solution because they never had backlight issue.
    03-12-12 04:49 PM
    Not only the same build, the few bugs I posted under the leaked thread are still there. It is wired how with BlackBerries not all bugs can be reproduced by everyone. For example, I never experienced the bug which some reported where the wifi hotspot SSID get reset during reboot, while I finally found a solution to backlight jumping to 70 from 10 during a reboot, others never even have to look for a solution because they never had backlight issue.
    I've lucked out so far - haven't noticed either of those bugs.
    03-12-12 04:53 PM
    I have not noticed the hotspot bug. If I set my screen to 20% brightness and reboot it stays but afterwards if I change it to 10% it will return to 20% following a reboot. Though 20 or 10 are not noticeably different most of the time.
    03-12-12 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD