Hi all.

Just got my new Bold 9000 and wanted to use Satnav. Browsing this website seems to suggest most of you are fans of Telenav. I thought I'd give it a go but I'm having problems getting hold of it. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

First off I go to App World and search for Telenav and it doesn't find anything. Why is this? Anyway, instead I google telenav, go to their website and I'm greeted with a selection of Apple, Android or Blacbbery for my download. I then click on Blackberry and it takes me to Appworld where I see the message "Telenav GPS Plus (for OS 6 and 7) Unavailable for this device" I can also see summary and reviews but nothing more.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom
    10-30-11 12:29 PM
    What device do you have: 9900 or 9000?

What country do you reside in, and what carrier do you have?
    10-30-11 12:37 PM
    Hi Laura.

Sorry for the lack of info. It's my first post!!

Bold 9900 on T Mobile. It looks like I've got OS 7 v7.0.0.353.

Hope this helps. Thanks in advance.

Tom
    10-30-11 12:46 PM
    Oh and I'm in the UK. England to be precise.

Tom
    10-30-11 12:47 PM
    In the US on T Mobile, Telenav is only available through T Mobile's App Store, not through BlackBerry App world. Try your carrier's app store maybe?
    10-30-11 12:52 PM
    Hi Laura.

Sorry for the lack of info. It's my first post!!

Bold 9900 on T Mobile. It looks like I've got OS 7 v7.0.0.353.

Hope this helps. Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Hi Tom,

Try here. It looks like they offer a 30-day free trial.

Don't know if this will work. I posted before I saw you are in the UK. I thought you had T-Mobile USA.
    10-30-11 12:56 PM
    United States only in App World.

You might try this link and see if it supports your device. http://www.tnclient.com
    10-30-11 01:46 PM
    Hi all.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Thanks for the link Laura. My device doesn't seem to be on there. It only mentions the 9900 as a 4G. Mine is a 3G i'm pretty sure.

I found another thread where someone else seems to have the same problem and solves it with both a 9900 and T Mobile. However I still can't get it to work.

Firstly, it seems my device isn't officially supported yet. I am going to email Telenav and will post any response I get later on.

The link from the other thread is here. TeleNav OTA

When I download the software and install it it seems to go on ok. Then when I run it it asks me for my 10 digit phone number. I input my number leaving out the first zero so it is 10 digits. Presumably this is correct? Then it asks me if I want my first 30 days free or a day pass for $2.99. Whichever option I choose it just says "Sever connection failed. Please try again later." I have tried this several times and it is always the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. Tom
    10-30-11 01:58 PM
    I would suggest contacting your carrier and asking them if they offer the app for subscription. Perhaps they might even offer something different but similar.

"4G" is just a marketing gimmick that T-Mobile USA and AT&T use. It is HSPA+, which is not 4G. True 4G is LTE, which T-Mobile USA is not even planning and AT&T has just started. The 9900 does not support LTE anyway.
    10-30-11 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD