Can you tehther a 9900 (using T-mobile) to a laptop? Wanted to disconnect my DSL at home until I can get back there. I'm recouping from a hospital stay in another county.
    Doesn't make sence to pay for DSL if not using it. When I'd get back home and wait for reconnect of DSL could use tehthering if it's posssible. Where I am recouping we have a wireless connection so I don't need tehthering for a month or two. Thanks for any help.
    03-21-12 01:14 PM
    Do you have T-Mobile service in the country where you are?

If so you should be able to do it. I would suggest using Desktop Manager 6 since v7 has had so many problems.
    03-21-12 02:55 PM
    With the upgrade to 7 there have been a lot of improvements according to many members.

Yes, I'm in that rapidly becoming a 3rd World country, USA. I have t-mobile. Wondered if they charge a premium for tehthering a mobile phone? I have limit on
    my usage but do have their BB package. No clue what the limit is for DATA. I'm on a prepay account with auto pay that is about $70 a month with the 28% tax (which gives the welfare class a free phone WTF? Why they deserve a cell phone without getting free cable tv is beyond this skeptics comprehension) 28% is outrageous.

How much data is used when surfing the net (no video streaming other than Netflix) and getting email?
    03-21-12 03:17 PM
    With the upgrade to 7 there have been a lot of improvements according to many members.

Yes, I'm in that rapidly becoming a 3rd World country, USA. I have t-mobile. Wondered if they charge a premium for tehthering a mobile phone?

How much data is used when surfing the net (no video streaming other than Netflix) and getting email?
    Once you are tethered to the laptop using the Blackberry Desktop Software, you will see how much data you are actually using. Just make sure that your APN Setting is enabled on your BB to be able to connect to the internet.
    Katmandoitall likes this.
    03-21-12 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD