July 18, 2015

Actually the only thing that still works are forums that I previously marked as favorites, like CB as example.

Using the "find function" it can't find any other forums any more.

Also it seems like the version I'm using is 1.4.7.9 but in the info it shows 1.4.7.8

Last week and today, I tried twice adding a corresponding (bad) review on BB World but keep getting an error that I can't add a review this time.

Is Blackberry trying to block bad reviews so it looks they still have many OS7 functioning apps to offer?
    07-18-15 10:35 AM
    July 18, 2015

Actually the only thing that still works are forums that I previously marked as favorites, like CB as example.

Using the "find function" it can't find any other forums any more.

Also it seems like the version I'm using is 1.4.7.9 but in the info it shows 1.4.7.8

Last week and today, I tried twice adding a corresponding (bad) review on BB World but keep getting an error that I can't add a review this time.

Is Blackberry trying to block bad reviews so it looks they still have many OS7 functioning apps to offer?
    i sincerely doubt BB has time to worry about how many apps it LOOKS like they have for OS7.
    OS7 is legacy.
    They don't need to make any excuses for it.
    07-21-15 07:14 AM
    Tapatalk hasn't been available for OS7 in the app world for a long time. It only appears for users who already have it installed or who know the precise link address. I suspect that you probably can't leave a review because they don't facilitate reviews for apps that have been withdrawn from the store.
    07-21-15 02:02 PM
    Thanks, that explains.

I guess I got big time lucky a couple of times, when I accidently deleted a few of my favorite-ed forums, and then was able to find them again and add them back to favorites.

Last time this happened was about 3-4 month ago.

But seems like that sure wouldn't work today as (like mentioned) tapatalk won't find any forums any more.
    07-27-15 09:50 AM
    If you have an old copy of the file called tapa3.db, from before you deleted the forums, you can drop it in the tapatalk folder on your device or micro-SD card, and get all your forums back.

It might possibly be somewhere in an old backup, if you make backups. I can't remember what BlackBerry Desktop backs up anymore. I was lucky enough to find that file on the micro-sd card I moved from my Bold 9900 to my Q10.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    07-27-15 01:16 PM
    Thanks for this info.

So I assume tapa3.db contains the favorite-ed forum links then.

At the moment I don't have any missing or deleted favoite-ed forums, I just can't find new ones.

But following your helpful suggestion, I did proceede to create a copy of tapa3.db just in case some day I accidently delete one of my favorite-ed forums again.
    07-27-15 01:55 PM
    Good plan.

Yes, that is a database file with the forum, user, and login info. I tried to use a database editor to add new forums to the file, but failed.
    07-27-15 02:49 PM
    Wow, if you find out anything good in the process, please feel free to share.
    07-27-15 05:44 PM
    Good plan.

Yes, that is a database file with the forum, user, and login info. I tried to use a database editor to add new forums to the file, but failed.
    Is there possibility that, if someone who has forum added to favourites can send to me this file and i will see it in my tapatalk?
    07-28-15 03:13 AM
    It's possible, but they would also have to be using the client for BlackBerry OS7, because the tapa3.db file does not appear to exist on other platforms.

It's also not the greatest idea, because the file would have their account information and passwords in it. In addition, I'm not sure if you'd be able to change that information without deleting the account and adding it again, which you cannot do!
    07-28-15 08:39 AM
    It's possible, but they would also have to be using the client for BlackBerry OS7, because the tapa3.db file does not appear to exist on other platforms.

It's also not the greatest idea, because the file would have their account information and passwords in it. In addition, I'm not sure if you'd be able to change that information without deleting the account and adding it again, which you cannot do!
    It works! I found old file tapa3.db and I was able to find the forum, which was important for me. And there is no problem if someone will send you this file, because there was info: Login od Guest! So thank you very much Shuswap for the info with this file!
    08-07-15 01:37 AM
    So is it possible to edit an existing tapa3.db (or other) file to add other forums, if you know the address?
    Tapatalk works fine on my 9900 with existing forums but now (like others) I'm unable to search and add any other forums
    08-07-15 06:36 AM
    It works! I found old file tapa3.db and I was able to find the forum, which was important for me. And there is no problem if someone will send you this file, because there was info: Login od Guest! So thank you very much Shuswap for the info with this file!
    Glad it worked for you! I still would not recommend sharing the file, but that's other people's decision to make.
    08-07-15 08:18 AM
    So is it possible to edit an existing tapa3.db (or other) file to add other forums, if you know the address?
    Tapatalk works fine on my 9900 with existing forums but now (like others) I'm unable to search and add any other forums
    It's possible in theory. I've opened the file with a sqlite editor and with a hex editor. I tried to add forums, which requires you to find the tapatalk ID number of the forum (not an easy task), and which failed in any case. Perhaps if someone was willing to put in the time to hack away at the database, they might succeed, and create a how-to for the rest of us. As for me, I spent way too much time figuring out service books, and I have access to the two forums I really like.

By the way, the CrackBerry app for OS7 is just a rebadged, slightly changed version of the tapatalk app, so if anyone prefers the tapatalk app, you can just move the CB tapa3.db to tapatalk's folder.
    08-07-15 08:26 AM
    Disaster!
    Somehow, while unsubscribing from a CB thread, I have inadvertently deleted the CrackBerry forum from my Tapatalk subscriptions.
    As we know I can no longer add (new) subscriptions to the Tapatalk forum on the 9900 as search never completes. So now I just have one other forum remaining in Tapatalk (v 1.4.7.8)
    Hopefully I'll be able to recover my earlier Tapatalk settings from a 9900 backup file but otherwise I'm going to have use the CB OS7 app, which is not my preferred option.
    10-19-15 04:44 AM
    If you have made a copy of your phone and this tapa3.db file, you can play with it and try to copy the old file from your backup or sd card, to new file and click raplace. If something will go bad, you can use the copy and back to previous condition. I have had simillar situation, but for I found old tapa3.db file and I can searc two forums important for me.

I take tapa3.db file from crackberry app, and copy it to Tapatalk file and it works.
    10-19-15 06:10 AM
    It's really too bad that we can no longer use the forum search function of Tapatalk. It was a handy little app for sure, and a nice alternative to the bloated behemoth that the Tapatalk app for Android has become.

By the way, the CrackBerry app for OS7 is just a rebadged, slightly changed version of the tapatalk app, so if anyone prefers the tapatalk app, you can just move the CB tapa3.db to tapatalk's folder.
    I would recommend using the latest version of Tapatalk for BBOS (1.4.7.9) and moving your tapa3.db over from the CB app. The latest version of Tapatalk has improvements, and the current CB version is a little buggy. For anyone who still needs it, you can get an OTA download from here.
    11-01-15 11:01 AM
    The biggest **** in Tapatalk on BB10 (Android apk) is that, I have big 5" BB Z30 and I see only 1 or 2 posts... In my BlackBerry 9900 tapatalk I could see much much more...!
    11-02-15 01:56 AM
    It's really too bad that we can no longer use the forum search function of Tapatalk. It was a handy little app for sure, and a nice alternative to the bloated behemoth that the Tapatalk app for Android has become.

I would recommend using the latest version of Tapatalk for BBOS (1.4.7.9) and moving your tapa3.db over from the CB app. The latest version of Tapatalk has improvements, and the current CB version is a little buggy. For anyone who still needs it, you can get an OTA download from here.
    Just stumbled on this tonight , after i mistakenly removed CB from Tapatalk.

The file tapa3.db contains current settings , there is also a rollback file called rollback.db

Use Files app and find Tapatalk folder .
    Rename file : tapa3.db to another name ( example : tapa4.db )
    Copy file : rollback.db
    Paste and rename it as tapa3.db

Open Tapatalk app , check if it works .
    ( it has restored my forums )
    Georgi Stefanov likes this.
    03-01-16 10:00 PM