Had to take mine back once already, launch unit, read this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eep-up-670107/

Just got the 2nd one today and now I notice the panel is not flush. It's sharp to the touch and raised. Attached is a pic, I think it's pretty obvious. My first one was perfect. Anyone else with this issue?
    11-15-11 10:21 PM
    Youre not alone.

Mine is flush on the left side and higher on the right just like yours.
    Im actualy taking mine back tomorrow more because my keys all feel like there depressed. Its hard to feel the correct keys.
    11-15-11 10:36 PM
    Just came back from trying to get another one- apparently AT&T only offers one courtesy exchange. I'm supposed to call the manager tomorrow since this is a physical defect. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 11:17 PM
    ****... i think this is my problem ... but mine wont let me use the track pad.... it doesnt let me scroll with it at all... they better exchange mine... i paid too much money
    11-15-11 11:21 PM
    The screen and button board never gonna be flush. If you don't like get a different model the 9900 is not for you! I took the button board off and shimmed mine up I am good to go. But most people won't do it.
    11-16-11 12:46 AM
    The screen and button board never gonna be flush. If you don't like get a different model the 9900 is not for you! I took the button board off and shimmed mine up I am good to go. But most people won't do it.
    I agree. I've seen over 50 of these devices and it is a design flaw. I've got a completely flush but its the only one I've seen out of 50. I'm contemplaing returning it because the damned trackpad is twisted counterclockwise but I know I'll get one that isn't flush. Its a lesser of evils with this device...you just have to choose which build defect your willing to live with.

If the panel isn't too raised you can put a screen protector on to make it flush. Alternatively
    11-16-11 01:10 AM

Yeah! If you like buying defective $600 dollar devices over and over again then the 9900 is for you! Oh wait. No.

This is my 2nd messed up unit. It's ridiculous. My old 9000 has held up better than this thing out of the box. Kind of sad really. Gonna see if I can get a 3rd one tomorrow, if not I'll have to go through warranty for an exchange. Just noticed my trackpad is squeaking like ****, and even makes a clicking noise when I push it to the right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD