I think at&t considered thee poor sales of blackberry in recent months to make a negatiive stand towards blackberry, while iOS and andrioid keeps selling well, I think that's the reason

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 10:51 PM
    I think at&t considered thee poor sales of blackberry in recent months to make a negatiive stand towards blackberry, while iOS and andrioid keeps selling well, I think that's the reason

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The poor sales are largely because the 9780 was only a slight improvement over the 9700 ad the 9800 Torch while innovative was buggy and had poor build quality. The new devices are solid and blazing fast, every bit as impressive as the middle tiered Android equivalents.
    09-12-11 12:26 AM
    I'm moving to TMo but not for the 9900. ATT has crap for android selection too.
    09-12-11 12:31 AM
    WOW my carrier in Turkey released this thing today ( doesnt matter to me I had Vodafone UK version ) and AT&T hasnt even announced it yet. Mostly my country gets devices 2 3 months later. For example bold 9780 arrived to Turkey late January! What is taking AT&T so long? Apple?!
    09-12-11 02:52 AM
    What's strange is that AT&T said no to the 9780 making people think they would be one of the first carriers to pick up the 9900. That sure turned out to not be the case.
    09-12-11 05:27 AM
    What's strange is that AT&T said no to the 9780 making people think they would be one of the first carriers to pick up the 9900. That sure turned out to not be the case.

Funnier how people tend to put words in AT&T's mouth. Did they put out a statement saying that they were skipping the 9780 for that reason?

If they did, I apologize...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-12-11 10:38 AM
    5 days remain.let the picketing begin.its a chess game for at&t.the iphone 5(the king)and the bold(the queen).at&t moving its pawns at a snail's pace before letting the king and queen shine.the funny part is that retirees can play bingo at a faster pace compared to at&t's chess board.wake up at&t.
    09-12-11 08:57 PM
    Dear AT&T,

Went to a few Sprint stores and they are THRILLED to have my business, so much so that they're offering all kinds of free goodies.....port-in credits, free phones, discounted accessories....they're throwing the kitchen sink at me for my business.

Yet you make me wait.

Sad. Sad indeed.
    09-16-11 04:58 AM
    UPDATE - I switched to Sprint a few months ago and could not be happier. While I didn't go for the Bold 9930, I am totally happy with the level of service that Sprint provides. NO DROPPED CALLS! And I mean NONE! I would drop a few a day with AT&T (which was better than T-Mobile with even more dropped calls).

Data is slower, but I could care less. They are solid, consistent and the prices are tough to beat.

The only issue is a significantly smaller selection of handsets.
    01-24-12 03:08 PM
    UPDATE - I switched to Sprint a few months ago and could not be happier. While I didn't go for the Bold 9930, I am totally happy with the level of service that Sprint provides. NO DROPPED CALLS! And I mean NONE! I would drop a few a day with AT&T (which was better than T-Mobile with even more dropped calls).

Data is slower, but I could care less. They are solid, consistent and the prices are tough to beat.

The only issue is a significantly smaller selection of handsets.
    since you didnt go for the 9930, doesn't that defeat the purpose of this whole thread?
    [email protected] likes this.
    01-24-12 03:27 PM
    Att probably happy you are gone. Sound high maintenance
    01-24-12 03:40 PM
    since you didnt go for the 9930, doesn't that defeat the purpose of this whole thread?
    In retrospect, it sure did. But I am very happy with the Galaxy now. I didn't consider it until I played around with it and then I was hooked.
    01-24-12 03:58 PM
    Att probably happy you are gone. Sound high maintenance
    No, I just have very basic expectations that they don't meet. I am not the only one who is let down by AT&T.... So I assume you've never heard people complaining about AT&T?

Shocking.....
    Mystic205 likes this.
    01-24-12 04:00 PM
    No.. I personally hate att. But I don't make 8 page threads whining because they don't have the exact phone I wanted. The world doesn't revolve around you. I'm a long time att customer and I also wanted the 9900. Instead of making threatning posts crying about it not being available I purchased the 9900 on ebay from 3rd party. I understand some people might not be able to afford that, but just switch carriers, don't make a dramatic scene about how they are going to lose your business.
    01-24-12 04:22 PM
    This entire thread makes no sense to me, as I must choose carrier first, handset second. No phone is any good without superior service.
    shadysprings likes this.
    01-24-12 04:26 PM
    Good luck with Sprint customer service. When you call Sprint for anything it feels like you're speaking with an adolescent in a high school cafeteria. AT&T has excellent customer service, and a major reason I'm still with them since they bought Cingular (I was with Cingular before that).
    01-25-12 12:17 AM
    I want to add something to this thread.

A few of you said I was whining....let me explain how it was not whining and more about expectations.

I have certain requirements that I do not settle on.....and if my requirements and discussions about it sounds like whining to you, I feel sorry for you. You would be the kind of person to get taken advantage of in some area of your life.

You may not like Apple but if it were not for Steve Jobs insane persistence on areas of quality, craftsmanship and service, the tech world would not be where it is today.

That is how I am wired.

I make no apologies for it. When I have a need it MUST be met or I find someone or something that meets it. I also know when it is important enough to speak up (not an a$$ about things).

I didn't create an 8 page thread, either. I started with one comment, replied to a few people and then others commented. Sounds more to me like YOU'RE the one whining about my thread. No one forced you to read it.

PS - Sprint has been great, from service to everything in between. ZERO complaints. No issues when and where I travel to my hometown. VERY happy.
    Last edited by AliensWanted; 05-07-12 at 01:41 PM.
    05-07-12 01:38 PM
    The funny thing is Verizon can do simultaneous voice and data if you're in LTE coverage and have an LTE phone. So, of the two things you said you must have, the BB and voice/data, you got neither in your move to Sprint but are very happy nonetheless. Just goes to show that what you think is most important may not necessarily be the case.

Galaxy is certainly a nice device, good luck! And change your profile, still says iphone.
    05-07-12 02:00 PM
    other than being wrong, good post

The funny thing is Verizon can do simultaneous voice and data if you're in LTE coverage and have an LTE phone. So, of the two things you said you must have, the BB and voice/data, you got neither in your move to Sprint but are very happy nonetheless. Just goes to show that what you think is most important may not necessarily be the case.

Galaxy is certainly a nice device, good luck! And change your profile, still says iphone.
    05-07-12 02:41 PM
    other than being wrong, good post
    Wrong regarding what? Simultaneous voice and data on Verizon's LTE with an LTE phone? Or the Galaxy being a nice device?
    [email protected] likes this.
    05-07-12 03:00 PM

Well, I *just* sold the Galaxy and went back to an iPhone.
    05-15-12 11:26 PM
    Holy resucitation, Batman!!!!!! Talk about an old thread full of drama and angst.....only to end up on none of the devices initially mentioned.....
    Enjoy your 4S. It's a smooth, beautiful device.
    Personally, it's my third choice. For me, BB is king. My Skyrocket is my second choice, but the horrible battery life really drives me insane. The 4S is very nice, but the UI, for all its fluidity and ease of use, is boring without the ability to customise unless jailbroken, which I don't do. That said, it is a very nice device and I wish you the best with it.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 05-16-12 at 06:45 AM.
    Willard814 and shaleem like this.
    05-16-12 06:42 AM
    So I have three lines with AT&T, all under contract. Any suggestions to migrate without paying ETF fees?
    Migrate to where. What for?

If you are on AT&T and do any traveling what so ever you need to appreciate the coverage compared to Sprint!

Coverage is THE MOST IMPORTANT THINK as without it, you have nothing.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-16-12 07:13 AM
    Again, my service quality has been outstanding with you, but if you continue to not offer the Bold 9900
    Dude what are you talking about AT&T does offer the Bold 9900! I have one, what am I missing here?

BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9900 Cell Phone - from AT&T

Disclosure: I in no way defend AT&T and if it weren't for my unlimited data plan I would have dumped them long ago.
    05-16-12 11:22 AM
    Dude what are you talking about AT&T does offer the Bold 9900! I have one, what am I missing here?

BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9900 Cell Phone - from AT&T

Disclosure: I in no way defend AT&T and if it weren't for my unlimited data plan I would have dumped them long ago.
    This thread was started in Sept 2011. Some people like to bring old threads from the depths of CB back to the front page. Probably a mistake on the poster's part.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-16-12 11:56 AM
125 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD