I hate how At&t basically gave up on releasing OS updates. They haven't realeased anything since the phone launched. I want 7.1 for the battery saving options and other features. I don't like installing other carriers OS, but I might have to. Any recommendations on which one works best for At&t? Thanks!
    07-05-12 01:58 PM
    It is more irritating than simply having to forgo an official update by your carrier because not only does AT&T show little interest in ever updating it's OS, but for some reason which I don't understand, the AT&T 9900's do not play well with other carriers' much more current updates. Normally you can use any official update with no significant issues, so that we can all benefit from OS upgrades wherever and with whomever they occur. But because it is AT&T, when you do upgrade to the latest 7.1, your microphone cuts out! I had tried a few of the latest releases and they looked very good but had to downgrade because my microphone would intermittently cut out on calls. I am currently using 7.1.0.391 and that works well, and with no microphone issue. SFAIK, that is the latest OS that definitely works without the microphone issue. Some people have been able to upgrade to more recent releases, but not me.
    07-05-12 02:17 PM
    The forums have threads about the 9900 and its available OS options. Looks like depending on your cell tower location some of the series below 7.1.0.4xx may be the best. Others have a microphone issue that is annoying. My household 9900 runs .342 and does just fine. http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...9900-a-710611/
    07-05-12 02:21 PM
    It's likely that AT&T doesn't care about RIM devices even though they get $30+ every month for data use on every device...
    07-05-12 04:17 PM
    Yep its crappy they we're also the last to get the 9900 in the states so it doesnt shock me that they still havent rolled out 7.1 for the blackberries.
    07-06-12 12:46 AM
    So true about AT&T.... and it's possible that AT&T can't figure out how to ... ummm... 'monitor' the hotspot feature and control it to their advantage...
    07-06-12 01:11 AM
    This is very disappointing news. I just upgraded with AT&T tonight. I was so excited about getting my 9900.
    07-06-12 03:11 AM
    I think that there are many Blackberry users who left AT&T because they delayed the 9900. It's disappointing.
    07-06-12 03:31 AM
    Ive been on .428 for a few days and have had no issues. HUGE upgrade on battery life definitely. 75% batt and been unplugged for 10 hours now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-06-12 04:48 AM
    You are wasting you time waiting on AT&T to deliver the latest OS. RIM charges lots of money for the carrier updates and the RIM products are not on the top of the list to spend money on.

Install another carriers OS and you will be fine.
    07-06-12 05:29 AM
    This is very disappointing news. I just upgraded with AT&T tonight. I was so excited about getting my 9900.

Don't be disappointed. Upgrade to .391. No mic problems, no IT policy, no battery or memory drain issues.
    Solid.
    I'm on it and I'm happy as a pig in mud...or a chocoholic in Ghirardelli square.
    07-06-12 09:51 AM
    Don't be disappointed. Upgrade to .391. No mic problems, no IT policy, no battery or memory drain issues.
    Solid.
    I'm on it and I'm happy as a pig in mud...or a chocoholic in Ghirardelli square.
    How long ago did you upgrade to .391? I have to upgrade my phone, my phone started having issues and I'm on At&t's official release! It's driving me nuts....
    07-06-12 06:03 PM
    I have been using .342 on AT&T for a few months now with no issues. I don't think I have used the official OS on any of my BB phones. Upgrade, you won't regret it.
    07-06-12 07:08 PM
    So true about AT&T.... and it's possible that AT&T can't figure out how to ... ummm... 'monitor' the hotspot feature and control it to their advantage...
    Yep I think they haven't figured it out.
    Good for me though I'm getting the Hotspot feature without
    paying the extra $20 dollars.
    It's been 4 months now and no sign of it on my bill
    07-06-12 07:08 PM
    I upgraded to 7.1.0.342 yesterday for att and I love it so far. Fixed my Internet problem and seems to have improved battery life!
    07-07-12 12:02 PM
    How long ago did you upgrade to .391? I have to upgrade my phone, my phone started having issues and I'm on At&t's official release! It's driving me nuts....
    About three weeks ago????
    07-07-12 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD