Every other major carrier has a release date for the 9900. What the heck is going on? I haven't seen any updates. Are we still crossing our fingers for October?
    08-13-11 08:57 PM
    November is the date. Why? The Bold has better specs than the current iPhone.
    1.2Ghz vs. 1Ghz and more RAM
    The Bold has NFC
    The Bold is a world phone on all carriers the iPhone is not
    The Bold won't drop your calls if you hold it a certain way
    The Bold has better messaging and e-mail
    The Bold is a more secure phone
    The Bold may be just as fast as the iP on wifi but it crushes it on web-browsing while on the network. That is a first ever.

The Bold rocks and the partnership between AT&T and the iP suck!

Sorry to vent but why are they releasing this phone in November when there is a worldwide release this month?
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 08-13-11 at 09:05 PM.
    enwsiths likes this.
    08-13-11 09:03 PM
    because they think blackberrys are outdated lol
    08-13-11 09:23 PM
    I dont think i'll be sticking with AT&T for much longer. Their phone lineup has been horrible and is to be horrible for some time to come .

What have they released this year?

Veer, Infuse, Atrix, status?? and all suck.... i think that's all.
    Last edited by n19htmare; 08-13-11 at 09:40 PM.
    08-13-11 09:31 PM
    I personal work for a different area of the company and this is my feelings not that of AT&T, but the wireless side is looking to drop the Torch first for a way to differiente itself maybe, however I personally would like to see the 9900 as I'm ready to purchase one. I have the ATRIX and it's a great phone with 15+ hrs of bat life but I miss my KEYBOARD...
    08-13-11 09:41 PM
    They have a large investment in the 9810 and need to sell those first! Happy balance between phone makers and profits!
    08-13-11 11:19 PM
    because they think blackberrys are outdated lol
    because of att and apple partnership. I think att will launch iphone 4gs/5 before than bb 9900...
    08-13-11 11:55 PM
    Hey, if they sell the 9900 for cheap because people will have updated to iPhone5, then idc.
    08-14-11 12:04 AM
    Rumor as I know it - is late November. I was gonna pay full price for it as I wanted to save my "upgrade" for a QNX device. With that said - QNX is slated for 1st quarter of 2012....

Do I throw away $500+ for a few months or just wait for a QNX device?
    08-14-11 12:31 AM
    Would a Roger's phone work on AT&T with an unlock code?
    08-14-11 12:43 AM
    Would a Roger's phone work on AT&T with an unlock code?
    Yes it will work fully with 3G bands and all.

I'd pay the full price of the phone, BB just needs to start selling it unlocked, unbranded. I'd buy it.

eBay prices are too high right now, but they are slowly coming down as the phone gets flooded on all carriers, that's when I'll get a Rogers version.

Right now there's too much markup on ebay.
    08-14-11 12:59 AM
    I need to reach out to some of my Canadian friends...
    08-14-11 01:16 AM
    I need to reach out to some of my Canadian friends...
    I might have to find some too haha. I'll even go in on a group buy :P.

AT&T has a habit of picking phones no one wants first.

Veer before the Pre3
    Infuse before the galaxy s II
    lack of any decent HTC device.

They tend to go for the oddballs no one wants like the Status facebook phone and the Xperia Play.

Even with the three BB devices, they decided to go with the two LESS DESIRED devices.

iPhone saved AT&T, but it won't do it again..... AT&T, get your acts together.
    08-14-11 01:28 AM
    November is the date. Why? The Bold has better specs than the current iPhone.
    1.2Ghz vs. 1Ghz and more RAM
    The Bold has NFC
    The Bold is a world phone on all carriers the iPhone is not
    The Bold won't drop your calls if you hold it a certain way
    The Bold has better messaging and e-mail
    The Bold is a more secure phone
    The Bold may be just as fast as the iP on wifi but it crushes it on web-browsing while on the network. That is a first ever.

The Bold rocks and the partnership between AT&T and the iP suck!

Sorry to vent but why are they releasing this phone in November when there is a worldwide release this month?

Sounds like you're trying to bash the iPhone. Let's keep in mind the iPhone 4 came out well over a year now, I would hope the Bold has more features and specs to tote - although the iPhone 4 still outdoes the Bold 9900 in some aspects. A couple of those things are opinions too.

Anyways, to the point. The Apple/AT&T relationship may not be the best behind the scenes, but AT&T is definitely your best bet if you want an iPhone 4 in my opinion.
    08-14-11 01:36 AM
    I might have to find some too haha. I'll even go in on a group buy :P.

AT&T has a habit of picking phones no one wants first.

Veer before the Pre3
    Infuse before the galaxy s II
    lack of any decent HTC device.

They tend to go for the oddballs no one wants like the Status facebook phone and the Xperia Play.

Even with the three BB devices, they decided to go with the two LESS DESIRED devices.

iPhone saved AT&T, but it won't do it again..... AT&T, get your acts together.

Xperia Play is Verizon.
    08-14-11 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD