I might just wait and buy an unlocked one full price!! not worth putting another 2 years on Tmo, (esp. if I have to then deal with ATT).
    08-17-11 11:25 AM
    If you have a small business you can get the Small Business Unlimited Value plan which is unlimited talk + text+ web for $44.99 per month with no activation fee.
    Wow that's impressive! How man lines would I need to add for my business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 11:53 AM
    Tmo!

10char
    08-17-11 11:56 AM
    $350 upfront and $300 with a two year contract for a BlackBerry with only 6GB of usable storage space is a bit ridiculous......
    08-17-11 11:56 AM
    over $300?! dayum! that's some serious cash for a new phone on contract. You might as well just get it off contract.

$250 is a kick in the pants for me, but I'd pay it. $199? getting better....
    08-17-11 12:14 PM
    Jesus christ!!! who's behind these prices man -_-.. my 9780 (UMA enabled) sure looks good now (: *waiting Patiently for a price drop*
    08-17-11 12:14 PM
    If you have a small business you can get the Small Business Unlimited Value plan which is unlimited talk + text+ web for $44.99 per month with no activation fee.
    Damn, that looks attractive. Is DATA throttled after you�ve exhausted your MB bucket? For a few months I've been wanting to switch my account to business.
    08-17-11 12:16 PM
    Damn, that looks attractive. Is DATA throttled after you�ve exhausted your MB bucket? For a few months I've been wanting to switch my account to business.
    Thats cheap!! is that a promo or something??

08-17-11 12:45 PM
    I found page on T-Mobile website which provides a bit more detail on the small business plan.

Small Business Unlimited Value
    08-17-11 01:01 PM
    Just spoke online with a CS rep.

~Dom H: We just got the official announcement today that it is coming out the 31st. Pricing should be available soon.
    ~Dom H: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?

So either he's completely in the dark, or could it be that the phone won't be $350? I'm hoping for the latter. Grrrrrrrr.
    08-17-11 01:30 PM
    T-Mobile's "4G" claims have been debunked in so many articles. HSPA+ is faster than 3G under ideal conditions but doesn't come close to touching my friend's Thunderbolt download speeds. Still... if I could get HSPA+ speeds on my 9930 I'd take it...just BS marketing.
    My mom's AT&T HTC Inspire gets 1.4Mbps with 2 bars H+. My unlocked T-mobile 9700 on AT&T has EDGE only and gets .2Mbps. My Torch AT&T with 3G got .5-.6 Mbps on 5 bars...
    08-17-11 01:55 PM
    My mom's AT&T HTC Inspire gets 1.4Mbps with 2 bars H+. My unlocked T-mobile 9700 on AT&T has EDGE only and gets .2Mbps. My Torch AT&T with 3G got .5-.6 Mbps on 5 bars...
    As long as BIS exists, BlackBerry data will never be AS quick as other devices simply because of data compression and the fact that everything goes through RIM servers before reaching your phone. That's just the way it is.

That said -- I don't believe your Torch speeds were typical, and the new devices should also be noticeably quicker due to the improved hardware and H+ support. If you're comparing directly to an Android device's network speeds though, Android will always win (battery life is another story!).
    08-17-11 02:03 PM
    With the prospect of the possible AT&T takeover looming in the horizon, and the rumors of the coming QNX devices, I find it tough to see the $350 price point. I guess TMO is trying to cash in on this device before the AT&T deal, if it goes through.

As for me, I am decided I want the 9900, I do NOT want to be part of AT&T, and I guess I will wait until my full discount comes up in October. Hopefully the price will have dropped a bit by then.

BTW, is the TMO trad-in program still available???? And does it apply for purchases of the 9900???
    08-17-11 07:42 PM
    I just tried to place an order and no dice. Round 2, tomorrow. LOL
    08-18-11 12:23 AM
    do you guys think the price will go down any time soon?
    08-18-11 12:59 AM
    I hope so, otherwise this so-called 4G better be faster than Verizon!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-18-11 01:04 AM
    It can possibly happen in a few months. I'm hoping between now and regular consumer release date of 8/31 T-Mobile knocks off at least $50.
    08-18-11 01:06 AM
    do you guys think the price will go down any time soon?
    I don't know how soon it will go down but it will go down. It doesn't matter to me as much since I'll be buying it at full cost on a value plan. But outside of that scenario they won't sell any on contract at $350 out the door. They might as well consider themselves owners of the phones at that price. Therefore, unless their intent was to own thousands of 9900s, they will have to drop the price.

08-18-11 01:15 AM
    I am very excited that we have an official release date now but at the same time, I am very disappointed on the outrageous price. Especially with a 2 year contract.

I have been waiting forever for this phone and also desperately in need of a new device. So, I will be getting it for how ever much it will cost. Besides I am already stuck under a 2 year contract but still eligible for an upgrade. So, I might as well grab it since I will be on a contract regardless. With or without a phone.

I know the price will not drop soon, but it will eventually. Oh, wells. Money comes and money go.

I managed to went to the BIG RED today and messed with their dummy bold 9930 and to be honest, I love the device. I do not know why anyone would complain, but then I only played with it for a few minutes because it wasn't officially out for display yet.

The camera to me, was great! Maybe because I have steady hands? I have no clue, but I loved everything about it.

Will anyone else be purchasing it on the 31st? I think I will be at the door first thing in the morning to grab it.
    08-18-11 03:28 AM
    hmm i see. I really do need a new phone soon. however i dont know if this phone is worth $300 especially when i see all these complaints about the phone... it kinda worries me
    08-18-11 12:38 PM
    I am very excited that we have an official release date now but at the same time, I am very disappointed on the outrageous price. Especially with a 2 year contract.

I have been waiting forever for this phone and also desperately in need of a new device. So, I will be getting it for how ever much it will cost. Besides I am already stuck under a 2 year contract but still eligible for an upgrade. So, I might as well grab it since I will be on a contract regardless. With or without a phone.

I know the price will not drop soon, but it will eventually. Oh, wells. Money comes and money go.

I managed to went to the BIG RED today and messed with their dummy bold 9930 and to be honest, I love the device. I do not know why anyone would complain, but then I only played with it for a few minutes because it wasn't officially out for display yet.

The camera to me, was great! Maybe because I have steady hands? I have no clue, but I loved everything about it.

Will anyone else be purchasing it on the 31st? I think I will be at the door first thing in the morning to grab it.
    That's what I did when the 9700 was released -- unfortunately T-Mobile hadn't processed the upgrade price in their system yet so I had to make another trip about 3 hours later. Considering it was about a half-hour drive to the nearest T-Mobile store I wasn't too pleased. I'd call ahead before you go.
    08-18-11 12:54 PM
    So.. How much in the upgrade price? Did you get to know?

08-19-11 12:28 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD