I'm running the leaked 7.1.0.74 and when I connect to DM it tells me I have the current version. Also, as the post ahead of mine says the TMO BB upgrade site still shows 7.0.0.250 as the official TMO release. Just spoke with TMO BB tech support and they don't know about any official 7.1 release.
    12-27-11 09:41 AM
    I was on .540 for more or less a month before i upgraded to .590. Several times, i tried to tether through Desktop Software even if i have unlimited data, and for all those times, i could not. I installed .590 several nights back, and today, since i was connected to blackberry desktop software anyway, i tried to connect to the internet. I disabled my wifi connection first to make sure. And to my surprise, there was a pop up that opened that informed me to configure the settings so that i could connect to the internet. i made another profile, username and made a password, and for the access point, i used epc.tmobile.com. And to my surprise, i was able to connect to the internet.

i disconnected. and i tried to connect, just in case my wifi was on, and i could not connect. I tried to connect again using the tethering method and i was able to connect again.

If i can do this without additional charges, I won't need the official 7.1 release from TMO. I suspect that once released, that official version from TMO will plug this free functionality and charge us for the mobile hotspot connection.
    12-27-11 11:13 AM
    Wow OS7.1. I just left tmobile because I moved overseas. Now that the att deal broke off I may return to tmobile when I come back. Sorry sprint! But CDMA sucks
    12-27-11 11:53 AM
    As I stated earlier, I had updated mine by manually searching for an OTA, plugging my device into the desktop manager, it still does not show 7.1.0.190 being displayed as a viable option, yet my phone is currently operating on it.

Sorry for the delayed response, I had a christmas deal to do with my family and managed to walk away with the new BB Playbook.

Now as I said before, I will post the OS when someone can give me the directions on how to extract it from my device.

I am relatively new to blackberry, we're talking a month tops, so I need some direction on how to extract an OS, doing searches for it has been hit and miss, and there have been no direct answers on how to get a good copy to you all.

T-mobile/RIM releases by device serial/IMEI of the device. It is only a matter of time before you guys receive it.
    12-29-11 09:34 PM
    I can understand how you got to that conclusion but does not explain that you can also get it via the T-Mobile USA BlackBerry Software Updates web site using the following link:

t-mobile.com/bbupgrade

If you go to the site and click the Bold 9900 you see that its still v7.0.0.250

This means its not out yet.

Its good that you want to extract it but I prefer to get it via T-Mobile themselves from the website or Desktop Manager.
    12-29-11 11:00 PM
    Any updates? I really want an upgrade!
    01-04-12 05:50 PM
    Coincidently, I just call TMo business support and they said they had not 7.1 and did not know when it might come out. DAMN!
    01-04-12 06:08 PM
    So how can you recall one user already having 7.1.0.190?
    01-04-12 06:22 PM
    So how can you recall one user already having 7.1.0.190?
    Tester for TMO, or just a mistake. One guy on TMO UK had several test OS builds pushed to him through DM.
    Got2bBold13 likes this.
    01-04-12 06:36 PM
    Tester for TMO, or just a mistake. One guy on TMO UK had several test OS builds pushed to him through DM.
    What a surprise now it's a LEAKED OS!
    01-05-12 06:37 PM
    I know that T-Mobile has flip-flopped from their original embracing of NFC and has now said that they have no plans to allow it.

Are they disallowing it through service books or SIM card? If service books, is there any way to enable this by hacking the service books? I am pretty good with Blackberrys, OSes, switching out cods, etc., but this is pushing the limits of what I know.

Thanks for anyone that has info on this...

Steve

BTW: Just loaded 7.1.0.190 an hour ago...seems great so far, but no NFC on TMobile still.
    Last edited by swalker2001; 01-06-12 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added info
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    01-06-12 11:34 AM
    i am guessing the update will in February. no evidence on that, just a guess. i used to be a adventurer like you, then i took a arrow to the knee.
    01-16-12 11:50 PM
    i used to be a adventurer like you, then i took a arrow to the knee.
    Beats one to the heart.

Steve:
    Are you on TMo US? Where did you get the OS? Thanks.
    01-17-12 03:28 AM
    I got OS 7.1 Beta Invite from RIM but when I was looking at the forums I saw some problems and the backup process got stuck so I aborted.

I just want the official release which seems to be in February. The main problem I don't get is the beta OS 7.1 still does not allow for NFC. Although I did not see it with my eyes but that is what was stated in the discussion forums.
    01-20-12 09:03 PM
    I got OS 7.1 Beta Invite from RIM but when I was looking at the forums I saw some problems and the backup process got stuck so I aborted.

I just want the official release which seems to be in February. The main problem I don't get is the beta OS 7.1 still does not allow for NFC. Although I did not see it with my eyes but that is what was stated in the discussion forums.
    T-Mobile are blocking NFC, period... and it will still be blocked in their official OS
    01-20-12 09:06 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD