I thought I heard T-Mobile will release the Bold OS update to allow for the NFC and UMA in November.

I am guessing late November. Anyone got intel on this issue?

Note: I stick with official OS's from the carrier.
    11-13-11 08:58 PM
    Some say Feb.now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 02:13 AM
    Aw come on, February - So long. It might be but that makes me sad.
    11-14-11 07:27 PM
    I'm a dealer for t-mobile, I received my OS update last night to 7.1 package 561, however it did not update the NFC on it, apparently t-mobile had RIM write our vendor code out of the NFC capability. Needless to say, I am very disappointed as I find immense value in the NFC feature. Hopefully in the future, T-mobile will decide to enable the capability, but until then, no matter how much I love my 9900, I consider it to be crippled. I am currently looking into purchasing an unbranded 9900 in the hopes that I will be able to bypass T-Mobiles restriction.

I will continue to update as I get information from corporate, it's just a shame that the hefty price tag on the device cant be justified due to lack of features. Once the ISIS project is complete, I believe that T-Mobile will lift the restriction, honestly I believe T-Mobile favors it's blackberry customers over android by providing us with extra security on our devices, whereas the SGII which I had previously owned had NFC enabled but obvious security flaws.

Please keep faith that it will be corrected, it's simple coding that should be corrected in an update. ISIS is scheduled for completion sometime within the next year.

For now, as a new, but proud blackberry user, I will continue to scour our internal websites for information, as it is all I can really do.

Take care fellow BB Users!

-Njord
    dkflipse, grover5 and dosto like this.
    12-24-11 02:04 PM
    Does it have UMA calling?
    12-24-11 02:13 PM
    I'm a dealer for t-mobile, I received my OS update last night to 7.1 package 561, however it did not update the NFC on it, apparently t-mobile had RIM write our vendor code out of the NFC capability. Needless to say, I am very disappointed as I find immense value in the NFC feature. Hopefully in the future, T-mobile will decide to enable the capability, but until then, no matter how much I love my 9900, I consider it to be crippled. I am currently looking into purchasing an unbranded 9900 in the hopes that I will be able to bypass T-Mobiles restriction.

I will continue to update as I get information from corporate, it's just a shame that the hefty price tag on the device cant be justified due to lack of features. Once the ISIS project is complete, I believe that T-Mobile will lift the restriction, honestly I believe T-Mobile favors it's blackberry customers over android by providing us with extra security on our devices, whereas the SGII which I had previously owned had NFC enabled but obvious security flaws.

Please keep faith that it will be corrected, it's simple coding that should be corrected in an update. ISIS is scheduled for completion sometime within the next year.

For now, as a new, but proud blackberry user, I will continue to scour our internal websites for information, as it is all I can really do.

Take care fellow BB Users!

-Njord

I don't suppose you could provide us all with that latest release of 7.1???
    puglove26 likes this.
    12-24-11 02:14 PM
    @Njord How do we get that update? Has it been leaked?
    12-24-11 03:06 PM
    Yes, the Update includes UMA and wifi hotspot, The quickest way to get the update is connect to blackberry desktop manager, I received it through an OTA.

Being new to the blackberry world, if you guys can give me the procedures to extract the update from my phone, I will gladly post it here so that you may enjoy as well!
    12-24-11 03:51 PM
    Njordragnarok what's the OS version? It should be 7.1.0.XXX
    12-24-11 04:01 PM
    Nk keep us posted. I'm interested as well.
    12-24-11 04:04 PM

Here is the screenshot I took with Filescout, screen muncher is disabled due to the company BES IT.
    12-24-11 04:12 PM
    Thanks for the info, Njord. I've stuck with the official TMO release in hopes that 7.1 will be released. Hopefully it drops soon.
    12-24-11 05:16 PM

Here is the screenshot I took with Filescout, screen muncher is disabled due to the company BES IT.
    While it is true that the OS exists based on your screenshot, I was not able to get it by connecting to Desktop Software...

Thanks for the info though...keep it coming...
    12-24-11 05:46 PM
    Usually T-Mobile releases the updates by IMEI. Sorry for the delayed response, was with a few customers, but I'm glad you guys have gotten some new info. But the release is on the way!
    12-24-11 06:11 PM
    Usually T-Mobile releases the updates by IMEI. Sorry for the delayed response, was with a few customers, but I'm glad you guys have gotten some new info. But the release is on the way!
    This is REALLY great news, just got my new 9900 yesterday and really want/need the hotspot capability. I'll update when I receive it, hopefully sooner rather than later.
    12-24-11 07:06 PM
    Wow...hold the phone (pun intended) it appears desktop manager is downloading the update as I type this. Stay tuned
    12-24-11 07:11 PM
    Does TMO require a tethering plan to use the mobile hotspot? or this is free if subscribed to an unlimited data plan?
    12-24-11 07:12 PM
    Does TMO require a tethering plan to use the mobile hotspot? or this is free if subscribed to an unlimited data plan?
    Normally, yes it does require the 14.99 Mobile Hotspot/Tethering add-on.
    12-24-11 07:24 PM
    Definitely go into your device options and make the device manually search for the update, that is actually how I got my update. I was updating at midnight last night.
    12-24-11 07:30 PM
    And yes the feature is a paid service, however the capability is there in the new update, now I am unsure of how blackberry does it, but I have had success tethering a device without paying for the service. I know windows phones can bypass it, I can't tell if the blackberry will or not only because I am a dealer and I'm required to have tethering.
    12-24-11 07:34 PM
    Definitely go into your device options and make the device manually search for the update, that is actually how I got my update. I was updating at midnight last night.
    I went to options> device> software update and it says that i my software is up to date.Also, BB Desktop Software does not show any updates aside from .250 and the .590 which which i have now.
    12-24-11 07:40 PM
    Hmm, my device was originally on .250 and updated last night, don't worry the TMO update is rolling out and will be coming shortly. In the meantime, I will do some research to try to extract my OS file to post. No guarantees, I came from android and know all the processes for that OS but blackberry is its own beast. I have a family dinner to attend tonight, but I will get working on it tomorrow. Happy holidays everyone and I will continue to post and check in periodically.

If you guys have any questions for me, please post and I will get back to you!

Have a safe holiday, if you're driving, make sure to use bluetooth

-Njord

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-11 07:53 PM
    this is very interesting info to read......hope the update rolls out to everyone soon. it would be a nice Christmas present.
    12-25-11 12:02 AM
    So where are the updates? I downgraded hoping I get the update but nothing, awaiting for you OP to load the files on here.
    12-26-11 05:40 PM
    Yeah Nice updates guys,

I still see the same v7.0.0.250

I checked by connecting by BlackBerry to the Desktop Manager and also on the website:
    T-Mobile USA BlackBerry Software Updates

I guess I will continue to wait.
    yohaus likes this.
    12-27-11 12:05 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD